how to sniff data i'm posting on a site

cassetti

Heres the scoop - i want to create a script that will purchase an item when certain conditions are met

what i need to do - is find out exactly what data is sent and how it is sent - then create a tempoary page that posts that data - with modified fields for the current item

anyone here know any easy way to find this out or can guide me through the process of how to do this??

thanks a million!

very impressive script - however - this page is is https - its secured - grrrrr

all iw ant to do is be able to read source code - and then create a simple page with a button to submit the various data - but it won't let me! lol grrr

the only thing that comes up as the order page in that thing after i download the source code - is a form with a bunch of jumbled text

the only thing that comes up as the order page in that thing after i download the source code - is a form with a bunch of jumbled text

google fiddler by microsoft, or install a proxy webserver and turn its logging on full bore.

Reading the help file before you post... Not only will it make you look smarter, it will make you smarter.

Very very interesting - i might use that

i did find out something really awesome - which i was TOTALLY not aware of

if you download a page - and edit it - change the action="POST" to action="GET"

it will show you the complete url that it passes through

from this - i can extrapolate the form elements

from that - i have a solution (i hope)

since the jumbled text is my web "session" - all i need to do is download the source using inetget on the first page - then build a sample page based on several key form fields - submitting them

then on the next page - do a submission for the purchase - the one field that is differant is the web session field

after i'm done -all who have helped me get this program workign will recieve a copy of this script with an explaination of what it is for.

(trust me - think of this program as giving you an edge at winning a chance to get great stuff for only a few bucks - think of it as a site that lets go of junk that people have ordered but canceled that they can not resell - everything from ipods to tvs to laptop bags