McAfee virus detection

I can agree an antivirus can give in this specific case a lase alarm if your machine is not infected on the autoit executable or a compiled script which is build from the same code.

But giving and alarm on an script itself (.au3) which is a text file is beyond my comprehension except this test file that Mc Afee distribute to check if their code is detecting something.

As usual I have no answer of which version of autoit produce this 'false" alarm.

The best is to forward your file to your antivirus provider and have them correct their detectection algorithm/signature.

it doesn't on the .au3 it does however on the .exe after compiling the script. the version is the production release of autoit v3 (before betas) AND it does also on the beta release earlier this month. this is on my AVG protected system, windows 2000 server with the fileserver version of AVG (latest) and I did report and they told me thankyou they will review.

The problem is when I do my weekly time to backup your outlook script (compiled au3 stable release) and the big wigs get the virus warning. I might point out that AVG does not say "You ARE Infected" it says you MIGHT be infected. I played with the AVG settings and found if I disable the alogorithymic testing for unknown viruses it does not report it. AND neither does my Norton corp edition. SO thats what I did on thier systems.

less protection from the bad guys so the good guys can be used...

`Mitch

it doesn't on the .au3 it does however on the .exe after compiling the script. the version is the production release of autoit v3 (before betas) AND it does also on the beta release earlier this month. this is on my AVG protected system, windows 2000 server with the fileserver version of AVG (latest) and I did report and they told me thankyou they will review.

The problem is when I do my weekly time to backup your outlook script (compiled au3 stable release) and the big wigs get the virus warning. I might point out that AVG does not say "You ARE Infected" it says you MIGHT be infected. I played with the AVG settings and found if I disable the alogorithymic testing for unknown viruses it does not report it. AND neither does my Norton corp edition. SO thats what I did on thier systems.

less protection from the bad guys so the good guys can be used...

`Mitch

Thanks for the update

I am still interested with the beta version which have produce this false alarm.

got AntiVir FREE here, no problems with it, while i have allot of au3 files on my pc and even desktop

*If u thought life couldn't get worse, u meet me *<guy> What would you give my little sister to unzip ?<friend> 10 bucks<guy> No, i mean like Winzip...

got AntiVir FREE here, no problems with it, while i have allot of au3 files on my pc and even desktop

AVG has now removed the warning for all autoit programs. I had to send them the autoit package and explained to them that it doesn't do anything more then can be done in other programing languages but it is now recognized as a valid application. NICE.

`Mitch

• Moderators

AVG has now removed the warning for all autoit programs. I had to send them the autoit package and explained to them that it doesn't do anything more then can be done in other programing languages but it is now recognized as a valid application. NICE.

`Mitch

Good deal, let's hope that it stays that way on their next build :).

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

• 4 weeks later...

I have bitdefender and today he blocked some autoit exe's :think:

Like the pcinfo that i found here on the forums and the send email trough telnet :(

Bitdefender says its a trojan.downloader.agent.pg ????

Sapiente vince, rex, noli vincere ferro!