Looking for documentation

Hello,

I asked this question before and people referred me to the beta helpfiles. However I can't seem to find them anywhere in the beta helpfiles. So I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am looking for more documentation on where I can find the functions available to me in terms of objects. For example, "$o_object.elements.item", which I extracted from the famous IE.au3 file. Where do I find what functions / variables I can extract from the $o_object.elements object?

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I am myself new to AutoIt and have little idea about the object handeling. If I am not mistaken, is it about Shell Programming? If so, you could use the following link:

Shell Basics

Not sure if that is what you want...but you could give it a try :o

I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash!

The properties, methods and events are specific to the object you are refering to. The Excel object is totally different from the IE object etc.

The first thing to do is find the class name of the object (like shell.application or Excel.Application). The easiest way is to look at someone else's code, or search the internet. The help file details the COM viewer installation if you need to find a wierd one. Once you have the name, searching the internet will usually give you alot of code and information.

What is the object you plan to use?

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.