Unattended install for Pegasus email

Hi

Am pretty new to this!!! I have written a script to install Pegasus email; it works fine when logging in locally. Has anyone else tried the same and been successfull when trying to accomplish this with Networked users?

Borgster :o

Hi

Am pretty new to this!!! I have written a script to install Pegasus email; it works fine when logging in locally. Has anyone else tried the same and been successfull when trying to accomplish this with Networked users?

Borgster :geek:

That's not enough information to help much, even if someone has done it, because the circumstances may have been much different. What do you mean by "...with Networked users"? Do you mean an admin doing a remote install without going to the machine, or a user pulling down the install, maybe a login script, non-admin user or loacal admin, etc.? :o

P.S. I'm a long-time fan of David Harris and Pegasus mail! I ran Pegasus clients on DOS and WFW 3.11 desktops, with the Mecury MTA on a NetWare 3.1 server in '94. It was sweet, functional, and free! Pegasus with the Mecury transport completely ejected a $10,000+ Lotus cc:Mail solution from our organization. On top of that, cc:Mail was only on a 100 user license (we had about 350 people), and they wanted an additional $5,500 to license an extra module to allow that new-fangled SMTP mail connector. That was a lot of money to us in '94! ;)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law