Another @ComSpec Question...

Guest BinaryVision

Guest BinaryVision

I have written a script to install SAS 9 in quiet mode, with lines such as the following:

RunWait(@ComSpec ' /c ' & @ScriptDir & '\Disk1\sas\setup.exe -s quietfile="' & @ScriptDir & '\sas9quiet.ini" -f2"C:\DEPLOY\SAS\SAS9QUIET.txt"')

Why am I unable to use such expressions with the @ComSpec macro? I read up on the Windows command shell and looked at some previous posts on this forum but I'm not quite sure what's wrong. Thanks!

1st i would check the "outcome" of that line wiht a message box

2nd you might want to look at /k to see whats happening on the cmd screen

3rd you should look at the "Default directory"

4th many times i use FileGetShortName with any line that has a space in the directory such as @ScriptDir

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I might try something like this:

#include <Process.au3>

Dim $exe = @ScriptDir & '\Disk1\sas\setup.exe'
Dim $ini = @ScriptDir & '\sas9quiet.ini'

Dim $quotedExe = """" & $exe & """"
Dim $quotedIni = """" & $ini & """"

_RunDos($quotedExe & ' -s quitefile=' & $quotedIni & ' -f2 "C:\DEPLOY\SAS\SAS9QUIET.txt"')

Do you really need quotes around C:\DEPLOY\SAS\SAS9QUIET.txt ?

Edited by CyberSlug
Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

If this is a Silent Installsheild Installation and you are installing from a non writable medium, such as a CD, then you are going to need to make a log file, else it will fail trying to write to the CD.

-f1 is the log file for Installsheild, so if it is Installsheild, then try this.

RunWait(@ScriptDir & '\Disk1\sas\setup.exe -s ' & _
        'quietfile="' & @ScriptDir & '\sas9quiet.ini" ' & _
        '-f1"' & @TempDir & '\SAS.log" ' & _
        '-f2"C:\DEPLOY\SAS\SAS9QUIET.txt"')

Edit:

Upon checking, I am mistaken. -f1 is the recorded file and -f2 is the log file for installsheild. So you are making the log file but without the recorded file, which would be using the quiet file for such a cause. Which could mean the problem is elsewhere. Sorry.

Edited by MHz

I have written a script to install SAS 9 in quiet mode, with lines such as the following:

RunWait(@ComSpec ' /c ' & @ScriptDir & '\Disk1\sas\setup.exe -s quietfile="' & @ScriptDir & '\sas9quiet.ini" -f2"C:\DEPLOY\SAS\SAS9QUIET.txt"')

Why am I unable to use such expressions with the @ComSpec macro? I read up on the Windows command shell and looked at some previous posts on this forum but I'm not quite sure what's wrong. Thanks!

missing a '&' sign between @Comspec and ' /c'

Guest BinaryVision

missing a '&' sign between @Comspec and ' /c'

Yes, you were right! After all the time I spent trying to figure this out it was more or less a syntax error. Sorry for all the hassle. Probably edited the line and took out the & or just forgot to put it in, since this is the first time I have attempted to use the @ComSpec macro. I have previously used .bat files for multiple commands, however I suppose I could just use the " || " in the statement in those cases. I hate when this sort of thing happens, don't you? LOL. But to answer some previous questions, everything in my command follows the example in the administrator guide.