Aligning text in an edit box to the bottom

I'm trying to output the progress of a program to a homemade console (barebones gui with big edit box) and so far, I'm not getting the output I want. I tried searching the forums and help file, but all I found were unneeded extended styles and lots about command prompt and the like.

I'll explain my problem a little better:

I have a edit box, lets say 500w x 200h. I want to update the contents of the box with events read from another process and the method I'm using to add data to it is

GUICtrlSetData ($editbox, GUICtrlRead($editbox) & @CRLF & 'stuff to add here' )

It will output in the right order, but is there any way for the box to stay aligned to the bottom line and autoscroll to keep up with the most recent text? (at the bottom)

If you don't know what I mean, look at the command prompt and how it stays focused on the bottom line and scrolls up, like an inverted text box...

All help is appreciated. Thanks,

Sparkes.

---Sparkes.

greenmachine, I could totally kiss you right now. I was banging my head against the keyboard all day, and somehow didn't think of the UDFs...

I thank you. I tried it and it worked like a charm. It scrolls like a trooper. There are some interesting functions in GuiEdit.au3 that I never knew about... Translation: Lots of tinkering will ensue....

Thanks again for the graceful solution.

---Sparkes.