How do i get a copy of the source

Hi There,

I have obtained a copy of the source code from this site, but it lacks a lot of the functionality of autoit V3,

i.e. dll function calling support amongst numerous other things. Would it be possible to get hold of a complete

version of the source.

Regs,

Paul Iceton.

Software Engineer.

Airbus UK.

Hi There,

I have obtained a copy of the source code from this site, but it lacks a lot of the functionality of autoit V3,

i.e. dll function calling support amongst numerous other things. Would it be possible to get hold of a complete

version of the source.

Regs,

Paul Iceton.

Software Engineer.

Airbus UK.

Only a partial source as you can download is open sourced.

If you have very good reason and skill perhaps you can explain to JON your case and he will do something for you. Just PM to Him

Could someone explain the future of AutoIt's license?

Will the full source code will ever be available?

What are the plans for the future? At some point, individual developers often become tired of a project and go on to other things, or just become unable to continue due to pressing issues in their lives. Those wanting to use AutoIt could justifiably be concerned about spending money developing for a platform which may eventually be unusable if the source remains closed.

For example, within 5 years many of us may be using 64-bit processors and 64-bit operating systems. If we have spent hundreds of hours automating systems with AutoIt, and AutoIt development ceases, it may happen that we AutoIt script developers are forced to choose between AutoIt and all the advantages of future computer systems. We may be forced to make decisions that cause us to lose some or all of our work.

AutoIt is a world treasure. Microsoft has been unable to deliver a sensible scripting language, and there is no evidence the company will ever deliver one.

It is amazing, but few competent software development leaders exist. AutoIt development proceeds with a skill and reasonableness that is difficult to find elsewhere.

We need to give respect where respect is due. We need to balance our respect for the creators of intellectual property with respect for those who depend on the creations.

I've found that people often wildly underestimate the lifetime of software. DOS programs that I wrote 20 years ago are still being used in a production environment, even though the computers on which they run have been changed 5 times. The old programs do what they need to do, and customers feel no need to change.

What plans have been made for the next 20 years of AutoIt development?