How To Draw A Spinning Wheel.

My script installs a number of products and does some other potentially lengthy operations. Up to now I've changed the mouse pointer to an hourglass and display a "Wait..." message in a label. I'm thinking of changing this to a spinning wheel where each second I display a different icon showing the next segment.

Does this sound feasible to do? I might have say, 12 icons, but I don't know how to create an icon control and how to give it a list of images to display, and then change the displayed image every second. That needs a timer of sorts. Of course, I need to erase the icon on the screen when the operation has completed. Could someone give me some suggestions how I do this, or your comments against it?

• Moderators

My script installs a number of products and does some other potentially lengthy operations. Up to now I've changed the mouse pointer to an hourglass and display a "Wait..." message in a label. I'm thinking of changing this to a spinning wheel where each second I display a different icon showing the next segment.

Does this sound feasible to do? I might have say, 12 icons, but I don't know how to create an icon control and how to give it a list of images to display, and then change the displayed image every second. That needs a timer of sorts. Of course, I need to erase the icon on the screen when the operation has completed. Could someone give me some suggestions how I do this, or your comments against it?

Have you looked at AdlibEnable() and just make it a function call, maybe doing a Global $Count, then some If statements in the Function()?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.