_arraysort Doesnt Sort Window Handles

hello anybody can help me with this, i want so sort an array with window handles but it doesnt work, only if i save them as strings (but then i cant use WinActive with this handle anymore!!)

here's the sample code (also in the attachment)

#include <Array.au3>
$var = WinList("A")
Dim $len = $var[0][0]

Dim $HANDLES[1]
Dim $STRING_HANDLES[1]
For $i = 1 To $len      
    _ArrayAdd($HANDLES, $var[$i][1])
    _ArrayAdd($STRING_HANDLES, "" & $var[$i][1])
Next

_ArrayDelete($HANDLES, 0)
_ArrayDelete($STRING_HANDLES, 0)

Dim $msg = ""
$msg = $msg & "Handles: "
$msg = $msg & _ArrayToString($HANDLES, " ")
_ArraySort( $HANDLES )
$msg = $msg & @CRLF
$msg = $msg & "  sorted: "
$msg = $msg & _ArrayToString($HANDLES, " ")
$msg = $msg & @CRLF & @CRLF

$msg = $msg & "StringHandles: "
$msg = $msg & _ArrayToString($STRING_HANDLES, " ")
$msg = $msg & @CRLF
_ArraySort( $STRING_HANDLES )
$msg = $msg & "         sorted: "
$msg = $msg & _ArrayToString($STRING_HANDLES, " ")
$msg = $msg & @CRLF

MsgBox(0, "_ArraySort", $msg)

i know that window handles are a special type and thus the > < operators dont seem to work in the _ArraySort method, am i right?

i can make a work around with a 2 dimensional array and sort by the dim that holds the strings, and then use the handle-dimension... or you implement the <> for handles ;P

i know that window handles are a special type and thus the > < operators dont seem to work in the _ArraySort method, am i right?

i can make a work around with a 2 dimensional array and sort by the dim that holds the strings, and then use the handle-dimension... or you implement the <> for handles ;P

why do you need to sort an array of window handles? i think your best bet would be to use WinList to generate your two dimensional array, then sort by the title dimension rather than the handle dimension.

why do you need to sort an array of window handles? i think your best bet would be to use WinList to generate your two dimensional array, then sort by the title dimension rather than the handle dimension.

coz i want to switch through the windows in the same order they were opened, i did use a 2dim array already and it works, but they can also just implement the operators >< for window handle type... :)

coz i want to switch through the windows in the same order they were opened, i did use a 2dim array already and it works, but they can also just implement the operators >< for window handle type... :)

i'm pretty sure i've seen code by valik that does what you're looking for... do a search of the forum for z-order and you may find what you're looking for