Creating Users With '"' In The Password

I would change the Error handler that it doesn't show a msgbox in case of errors to enable you to run it in batch..:

; Custom COM object error handler
Func ComErrFunc()
    Local $HexNumber = Hex($oMyError.number, 8)
    ConsoleWrite("COM Error!  Number is: " & $HexNumber & "Linenbr is: " & $oMyError.scriptline & _
            "Description is: " & $oMyError.description & "Windescription is: " & $oMyError.windescription)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
EndFunc;==>ComErrFunc

No reason really.. this is the same..

I am soooo close! I'm now getting compile errors:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\Test\_Test.au3(49,42) : WARNING: $oComError: possibly used before declaration.
    Local $HexNumber = Hex($oComError.number,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

I changed the name to $oComError only to see if it changed the error report, it was the same with $oMyError. The two functions _Add_Local_User() and ComErrFunc() are in an include file called _Test.au3. I get the error when compiling the script that includes this file. I tried making the $oComError global by:

Global $oComError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ComErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

But it didn't fix it???

:)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Developers

I am soooo close! I'm now getting compile errors:

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\beta\Include\Test\_Test.au3(49,42) : WARNING: $oComError: possibly used before declaration.
    Local $HexNumber = Hex($oComError.number,
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

I changed the name to $oComError only to see if it changed the error report, it was the same with $oMyError. The two functions _Add_Local_User() and ComErrFunc() are in an include file called _Test.au3. I get the error when compiling the script that includes this file. I tried making the $oComError global by:

Global $oComError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ComErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

But it didn't fix it???

It is a Warning, not Error.

The reason is that $oComError is declared in a Function and Au3check cannot determine if it always be executed before ComErrFunc is ran.

It might be a better option anyways to move the :Global $oComError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ComErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

to the top of your program and not run it everytime you add an user....

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

It is a Warning, not Error.

The reason is that $oComError is declared in a Function and Au3check cannot determine if it always be executed before ComErrFunc is ran.

It might be a better option anyways to move the :Global $oComError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "ComErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

to the top of your program and not run it everytime you add an user....

Wound up with the following in the main script file:

; Declare COM Object error handler:
Global $oComError = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ComErrFunc"); Install a custom error handler

; Function _ComErrFunc()
; Custom COM object error handler
Func _ComErrFunc()
    Local $HexNumber = Hex($oComError.number, 8)
    ConsoleWrite("COM Error!  Number is: " & $HexNumber & "Linenbr is: " & $oComError.scriptline & _
            "Description is: " & $oComError.description & "Windescription is: " & $oComError.windescription)
    SetError(1); something to check for when this function returns
EndFunc  ;==>_ComErrFunc

An the following in the include file (along with a bunch of other user management functions):

; ========================================================
;   _Add_LocalUser function
; ========================================================
; Call with:  _Add_LocalUser($sNewUsrName, $sNewUsrPass [, $sNewUsrFull] [, $sNewUsrDesc]) where:
;   $sNewUsrName = UserName to add
;   $sNewUsrPass = New user's password
;   $sNewUsrFull = (optional) User's full name
;   $sNewUsrDesc = (optional) User's description (comment)
; Returns 1 for success, 0 for fail
Func _Add_LocalUser($sNewUsrName, $sNewUsrPass, $sNewUsrFull = "", $sNewUsrDesc = "")
; Init COM object
    $colAccounts = ObjGet("WinNT://" & @ComputerName & "")
; Create user
    $objUser = $colAccounts.Create ("user", $sNewUsrName)
    $objUser.SetPassword ($sNewUsrPass)
    $objUser.Put ("Fullname", $sNewUsrFull)
    $objUser.Put ("Description", $sNewUsrDesc)
    $objUser.SetInfo
    If @error Then
        Return 0
    Else
        Return 1
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>_Add_LocalUser

Moving the declaration of $oComError and the ComErrFunc() to the main script removed all errors and warnings, and it works great! Complex passwords for everybody!

WooHoo!!! :):mellow::)

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all who contributed to this post. I have found this script most useful.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)