Minimize The Installation

Welcome ettol,

Send() or MouseClick() requires an active window, so WinSetTrans() could be used to make the installer window invisible.

If you use Control*() functions instead of Send(), then you can use WinMove() to move the 1st installer window off screen, then the remaining windows should also open offscreen. Another option could be to use WinSetState() though it is not as good as you may need to use it on each window that appears. Use WinWait() when using Control*() functions as windows do not need to be active to automate them.

:)

Hi,

Im new with Autoit and have made my first script. My question is if its possible to make the installation silent or to minimize it when running.

Yes is the quick answer but we would need to see your script to give specific assistance.

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

Yes is the quick answer but we would need to see your script to give specific assistance.

I't looks like this,

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)

Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)

Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)

Run('C:\Drivers\XP\OEM1\SP32395.exe')

WinWait("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","< &Back")

If Not WinActive("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","< &Back") Then WinActivate("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","< &Back")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","< &Back")

Send("{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")

WinWait("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","I &accept the terms ")

If Not WinActive("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","I &accept the terms ") Then WinActivate("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","I &accept the terms ")

WinWaitActive("Microsoft Windows XP SP2 Universal Audio Architecture Update (Q888111) - InstallShield Wizard","I &accept the terms ")

Send("{UP}{ENTER}")

WinWait("Hewlett-Packard Setup","Installation of the ")

If Not WinActive("Hewlett-Packard Setup","Installation of the ") Then WinActivate("Hewlett-Packard Setup","Installation of the ")

WinWaitActive("Hewlett-Packard Setup","Installation of the ")

Send("{TAB}{ENTER}")