Is This Possible?

I'm trying to start my Cisco VPN Client automatically. I wrote a couple of short AutoIt scripts to start the VPN through the command line or GUI. Both work perfectly if I am on the computer testing them out.

The problem is if the computer is locked (like it is in the morning before I get to work) the scripts fail. Actually they both fail at the banner messagebox (GUI) or question (DOS). The GUI displays a message box with a "Continue" button, the command-line just ask "Do you want to continue? (y/n)".

With the command line version sending {ENTER} or "y" will start the client, with the GUI moving the mouse to the "Continue" button and clicking works also. But again, neither of these solutions works if the computer is locked (with the GUI version running I would arrive to find the banner window waiting for its button to be clicked).

Can this be done with AutoIt or should I try something else? What, I don't know...

I'm trying to start my Cisco VPN Client automatically. I wrote a couple of short AutoIt scripts to start the VPN through the command line or GUI. Both work perfectly if I am on the computer testing them out.

The problem is if the computer is locked (like it is in the morning before I get to work) the scripts fail. Actually they both fail at the banner messagebox (GUI) or question (DOS). The GUI displays a message box with a "Continue" button, the command-line just ask "Do you want to continue? (y/n)".

With the command line version sending {ENTER} or "y" will start the client, with the GUI moving the mouse to the "Continue" button and clicking works also. But again, neither of these solutions works if the computer is locked (with the GUI version running I would arrive to find the banner window waiting for its button to be clicked).

Can this be done with AutoIt or should I try something else? What, I don't know...

Maybe Scheduled Tasks will be of use. To use it go to Start>Programs\Accessories\System Tools

It lets you schedule a program to run at a certain time such as 8:00 am or set it to start when your PC boots. It even lets you type in a user name to run the task as which might solve the problem of it not working when PC is locked.

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

...The problem is if the computer is locked (like it is in the morning before I get to work) the scripts fail. Actually they both fail at the banner messagebox (GUI) or question (DOS)....

See this post: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=167594

See if the command line version will accept a switch that answers the yes/no automatically...

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]