Password Variable Not Entering Correctly...

I've got a variable setup to enter a password in a field and it isn't entering correctly. Is there a way to disable any type of formatting on a Send(GUICtrlRead($variable)) command?

I don't know if it matters, but the password has different cases and a $ in it.

Thanks!

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

I've got a variable setup to enter a password in a field and it isn't entering correctly. Is there a way to disable any type of formatting on a Send(GUICtrlRead($variable)) command?

I don't know if it matters, but the password has different cases and a $ in it.

Thanks!

I'm not sure this is related to your problem, but in some circumstances, especially when interfacing with an external shell, special characters can be problem. I'm thinking of a problem I had sending passwords with a double quote in them to the CMD shell. The solution was avoiding the command line interpreter by making it an OBJ call instead. See if it's related at thread #23470.

Hope that helps! :think:

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

• Moderators

Send ( "keys" [, flag] )

Parameters

keys The sequence of keys to send.

flag [optional] Changes how "keys" is processed:

flag = 0 (default), Text contains special characters like + and ! to indicate SHIFT and ALT key presses.

flag = 1, keys are sent raw.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

I tried flagging it as RAW before posting this, and yes I did read the help file Smoke_N.

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, Linux+, LPIC-1, MCSA | Languages: AutoIt, C, SQL, .NETBooks: AutoIt v3: Your Quick Guide - $7.99 - O'Reilly Media - September 2007-------->[u]AutoIt v3 Development - newbie to g33k[/u] - Coming Soon - Fate Publishing - Spring 2013UDF Libraries: SkypeCOM UDF Library | ADUC Computers OU Cleanup | Find PixelChecksumExamples: Skype COM Examples - Skype4COMLib Examples converted from VBS to AutoIt

• Moderators

Then why don't you show something other than a Function Call and a Variable that we have no idea what the text actually is... You might get a step or 2 closer to the answer you are looking for.

The way your question is worded, it didn't look like you did read the help file.

Edit:

I can't replicate it... I used an InputBox() also for $Password, and it sends properly.

$Password = "'adfoie"&'"adkljfoid'

$Main = GUICreate('Test Password Entry GUI', 200, 100)
$Password_Label = GUICtrlCreateLabel('', 10, 10, 180, 20)
GUICtrlSetData($Password_Label, $Password)

GUISetState()
$count = 1
If Not WinExists('Untitled - Notepad') Then
    Run('Notepad.exe')
    Sleep(2000)
EndIf
While 1
    Sleep(10)
    If GUIGetMsg() = - 3 Then Exit
    If $count = 1 Then
        WinActivate('Untitled - Notepad')
        Sleep(2000)
        Send(GUICtrlRead($Password_Label))
        $count = 2
    EndIf
WEnd
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.