Suggestions For Bot...

If i made an AIM bot, what would be some good features that i could do remotely from another computer to my home computer? I already have Shutdown, logoff, and switch user, but i can't think of any others.

-Brett

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a similar feature through my FTP server with an interesting change. If I upload a file called "run-me.au3" to a specific folder it will run that script. That way the ability to expand the functionality is endless: you need another function, just code the "run-me.au3" and upload it. Just test for what the file is called, and where it was stored. Then run it if required.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I have a similar feature through my FTP server with an interesting change.  If I upload a file called "run-me.au3" to a specific folder it will run that script.  That way the ability to expand the functionality is endless: you need another function, just code the "run-me.au3" and upload it.  Just test for what the file is called, and where it was stored.  Then run it if required.

That's a really good idea.

Which FTP server software are you using?

Cesar FTP server, which can be found here. It is free (a very important point) and offers several advanced features not often found in other servers including:

• Virtual directory structure: This allows you to create entire directory trees for users that don't physically exist on your hard drive. This means you can create the right structure for any users without forcing you to change your organizing system to support the server.
  • Support for inheritance: You can define groups of users with access to a common tree. Then, each user can have additional privilages that work in adition to the shared tree.
  • Powerful logging feature to record both to the on-screen application window, and external log files. Both can be fully configured to show events that you feel require logging.
  • GUI interafce to assist user/ group creation. Just drag and drop files/ folders, set checkboxes for user permissions, and you're set.
  • Remote control ability allows you to connect into your server using a control port. Just run Cesar FTP on another computer, open a remote connection prompt, enter your IP and password, and you have full control of the server settings (users, config, etc) as if you were sitting at your own computer
  • Advanced user features including speed limit, bans, max # of simultaneous connections, ratios, and quotas.
  • Configurable with 3rd party applications with an Events control section. This allows you to take a basic FTP event such as uploading a file, creating a directory, or logging in and give it a message to send to the user, a program to run locally, or a sound to play.
  • Many other powerful features.
This is one of the best FTP servers I have used.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

Cesar FTP server, which can be found here.  It is free (a very important point) and offers several advanced features not often found in other servers including:

• Virtual directory structure: This allows you to create entire directory trees for users that don't physically exist on your hard drive.  This means you can create the right structure for any users without forcing you to change your organizing system to support the server.

• Support for inheritance: You can define groups of users with access to a common tree.  Then, each user can have additional privilages that work in adition to the shared tree.

• Powerful logging feature to record both to the on-screen application window, and external log files.  Both can be fully configured to show events that you feel require logging.

• GUI interafce to assist user/ group creation.  Just drag and drop files/ folders, set checkboxes for user permissions, and you're set.

• Remote control ability allows you to connect into your server using a control port.  Just run Cesar FTP on another computer, open a remote connection prompt, enter your IP and password, and you have full control of the server settings (users, config, etc) as if you were sitting at your own computer

• Advanced user features including speed limit, bans, max # of simultaneous connections, ratios, and quotas.

• Configurable with 3rd party applications with an Events control section.  This allows you to take a basic FTP event such as uploading a file, creating a directory, or logging in and give it a message to send to the user, a program to run locally, or a sound to play.

• Many other powerful features.
This is one of the best FTP servers I have used.
With this, do i have to have it installed on the remote computer to send a file to it?
-Brett

you can set up your bot to listen to MSN, or even set it up to download email, You can log into say hotmail, and email yourself an au3 attachement, or just send it all in the text, and have an autoitscript read the letter, and save it as an au3 file and run it. If the password and from name match your specs.

Or instant message yourself.

AutoIt3, the MACGYVER Pocket Knife for computers.

Is there any way i can remote control my computer without installing the cesarftp on the remote computer?

Sure, just copy the CesarFTP directory (from where you installed it from the server machine) to the other machine by burning it, transfering it, or using a removable hard drive or flash stick. Just run the software, and enter the info. I use my iPod that has a copy of my CesarFTP directory from any windows computer to administrate my server all the time.

With this, do i have to have it installed on the remote computer to send a file to it?

Nope. Just use any FTP client that you choose to connect into the server. I would strongly recomend FileZilla as a great FTP client.

ftp://(MyIpAdress):Port#

into the internet explorer?

Yes, but you need the port to be viewable from the outside. If you are running a software firewall, or are connecting through a router (also known as a hardware firewall) you will neet to patch that port through. You may also need to define Passive ports to use (something like ports 2048 through 2148) for computer that require passive connections. Those would also need to be patched through any firewalls you have. But yea, then just use ftp://user@address_of_box:port

the user is optional (default is user anonymous) and port is optional (default is standard FTP port 21)

If I understood you guys correctly I think it would be easier to :

• Make a account at a free webspace-provider
  • Set up a script that is waiting for a file on your webspace-account
When the file exist it will download it, and then run it if you want it to.

(For example if you're file is a AutoIt-script)

This is easier because :

• You don't have to set up a FTP-server on the script-machine
  • You can just enter : "ftp.myfreewebspace.com" in your internet browser
  • You can control the script-machine from anywhere, because no software is needed !
I've already used this way of controlling my computer at a LAN,

and it is a very simple way of doing it !

EDIT : Hope I didn't misunderstood anyone..

Good luck !

Edited by Helge

Things I created:

• Create an account at a webhost (with FTP server) eg.: members.lycos.nl
  • Create a script that runs 24 hours that will:

- Automatically download a settings.ini every 5 mins

- reads the settings.ini to know if he needs to run a script

- if it needs to run a script it will download that from the webserver and run it

So now i will only have to run the main script on my PC and go to work.

When I'm at work, I can create scripts and upload them using FTP.

And if you automate an FTP client you can even upload stuff from your PC to an FTP server.

Things that are possible now:

- Automatically download/upload files from/to your PC

including screenshots Send("{PRINTSCREEN}")

- run scripts automatically

- scripts that go wrong can create (scriptname).err

if they exist, automatically e-mail that file and move/rename/delete it

But there has to be a much easier way. Using a MSN-bot for example.

A real bot that does stuff and it does not have to be a script.

If you really want to make a scriptbot for MSN... How would you let AutoIt (a script) know that it has to do something?

You could look at this post I posted some days ago :

A download-bot could be created like this :

Now, you can just start the script on a computer with MSN (for example at home)

Then you go to another computer (for example at work), call yourself :

"DLBOT FILE : http://www.hiddensoft.com/cgi-bin/getfile....it-v3.zip".

Then you send a message to the bot (so that the title will appear on the bot's computer),

and the bot back at home will magically download your desired file !

As I've already said, I've been planning on making either a MSN-bot or a FTP-bot in the near future,

and I will probably post the code here when I got it working..

Edited by Helge

I have completed (i think) the main setup for an AOL INSTANT MESSANGER bot, as i said at the top...but now am trying to add features to it, i currently have the features:

Shutdown, LogOff, SwitchUser, Run File (And ask for location), Command List (Lists all commands).

Todo list:

Add features : Standby, Download/FTP (***I need help with this***), and a ScreenShot option to see whats going on. :D

If you have any suggestions for the Download/FTP part please post them because i'm having a hard time...for example should i make the script input the URL to download to a variable then use the URL Download Function?

-Brett

Edited by brett
-Brett

The FTP-thingy is pretty easy.

First you make a script that uses, yes, the URLDownloadToFile to download a file...let say....once every minute.

To upload the file to your webpage, you normally can just write the FTP-address

(for example ftp.home.no which I use..) into your default web browser.

Then login with your username and password, copy your file from your harddrive and into your webpage.

After you have done that your the script will download the the file and....let's say...read the first line....which can for example be : SoundPlay:ScreamForMomAndSheWillFreakOut.wav :D

And one more thing...you have to figure out one way to make the bot only do that

particular process only once, so that it doesn't loop and play the sound every minute...

If you don't find out a good way of doing it, you can either wait for I've gotten the time to write my own FTP-bot,

or you can simply just delete the file whenever you think the bot's have done it's job..

Well, anyway : Good luck !

PS !

Don't stay in whole day, but get some air !

The weather is fabulous !