Adodb Doesn't Work On Clients Computer

I need to save the users IP and some other basic stuff into a SQL-database on a hosted server.

On my own computer it works great when I use:

$adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$adoCon.Open($fetchedconnectionstring)

But $adoCon.Open($fetchedconnectionstring) gives an error message on a completely clean XP machine telling me: The requested action with this object has failed.

Are there any alternatives for me other than using ADODB?

Very grateful for fast answer!

Regards,

Tobias

I need to save the users IP and some other basic stuff into a SQL-database on a hosted server.

On my own computer it works great when I use:

$adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")

$adoCon.Open($fetchedconnectionstring)

But $adoCon.Open($fetchedconnectionstring) gives an error message on a completely clean XP machine telling me: The requested action with this object has failed.

Are there any alternatives for me other than using ADODB?

Very grateful for fast answer!

Regards,

Tobias

Microsoft used to have seperate installations for ADO wiche you can distribute with your program, or even have the program download and install it.

Guite many SQL servers have a mail backend suport. Mail your ip to a mailserver where the sql servers reads it's mail.

Or if you do not want to install anything on your clients and mail is not a option create your own little server pice of software to be used on a computer with the correct ADO objects installed and have your clients connect to your server passing on the information.

Microsoft used to have seperate installations for ADO wiche you can distribute with your program, or even have the program download and install it.

Guite many SQL servers have a mail backend suport. Mail your ip to a mailserver where the sql servers reads it's mail.

Or if you do not want to install anything on your clients and mail is not a option create your own little server pice of software to be used on a computer with the correct ADO objects installed and have your clients connect to your server passing on the information.

Thank's a lot for the suggestions!

I don't think I dare to install anything on my clients except the script file so I have to find another solution than ADO. Can you point me in any direction how to connect and pass information to my Internet based server?

Regards,

Tobias

Look in the "Network Functions" section of the help file. If you have a web server you might be intrested in the IE.au3 udf by DaleHome.