Difference Between = And == In If Statment

Hello,

I would like to understand the difference between using = or == in a If statment.

I ask that because i got some problems (missing endif at runtime but no error at compilation :think: ) using:

If FileCopy(...) = 1 Then...

Perhaps should i use

If FileCopy(...) == 1 Then...

instead ? what are the difference ?

Thx

In the "Operators" section of the helpfile:

= Tests if two values are equal (case insensitive if used with strings). e.g. If $var= 5 Then (true if $var equals 5)

== Tests if two values are equal (case sensitive if used with strings)

That definitely isn't the problem, and I can't tell from such a small code sample. If you really need your question answered, you'll post more code.

Edited by greenmachine

If you really need your question answered, you'll post more code.

I completly modified my code to get it working (and it works now) so if i remember well:

$InstPath   = "C:\Temp"
$UpdPath   = "C:\Windows"
$ExeName = "notepade.exe"

If FileCopy($UpdPath & "\" & $ExeName, $InstPath & "\" & StringTrimRight($ExeName, 1) & "_", 1) = 1 Then
 MsgBox(0, "Debug", "Copy ok")
EndIf

this code was included in more if...then...else but as i said i completly modified my original code

1. The FileCopy rename the .exe in .ex_ and i don't know if my "_" is wrongly interpreted during compilation ?

2. Can i do If, FileCopy and String operation in one statment ?

Thank you

Well for one Notepade should be notepad (no "e" at the end)

The below statement is False.The above statement is True.a lesson I learned from Greenmachine; give a man a code and he'll solve one problem. Teach a man to code and he'll solve all his problems.P.S please don't use autoIt as a virus creator/spyware maker(keyLogger especially)Cick this and help me[center]My Scripts:[/center][center]Port Scanner[/center]

Well for one Notepade should be notepad (no "e" at the end)

yes sure as i don't have the code anymore i rewrote it rapidly ... i took an example just to show what give me the "missing endif" runtime error...

I don't understand why i did'nt have an error compiling the code ...

Anyway it works now but i splitted all operations (one line per operation) instead of doing all in the If then else statement...