DaleHohm

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixed!

Edited by sipher69
AutoIt if more than a hobby. Is a way of life!http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26002 -my first projecthttp://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26103 -my second project

pls help me with this:

I'd suggest downloading IE.au3 again -- looks like yours in screwed up. There is only one place that Case "0" shows up in the code and it has correct syntax in the code posted.

In the future, please do more to help yourself. You'll get much better response from people here if you post basic information about AutoIt version, version of any dependant files (like IE.au3), full and exact error messages (preferably from the SciTe console output) along with a brief, stand-alone piece of AutoIt code to reproduce the problem.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Having a small gap in understanding in some of the new commands, since the migration. I want to, Create a page, navigate to the specified page, then make the table in the page an object, then send the info in the table to an array.

I haven't gotten far, but maybe you can help me understand the order of the commands I should use. I can't give out the webpage I am working on, because it is within our intranet. Thanks in advance.

$s_Url = "[Secret WebPage]"
$oIE = _IECreate ( $s_Url)
_IELoadWait ($oIE)
WinSetState ( "[Secret WebPage]", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )
$o_Table_Info = _IEFormElementGetCollection ( $oIE  ); I am stuck here!
ToolTip ($o_Table_Info)

dale, i just got rid of the problem.. it was like this. i got autoit v 3.1.1 and the latest beta installed in a \beta folder in autoit.. so it was like all the libs from beta were not installed.. anyway.. thx for the screwd thing! :) ill be more carefull next time! the err was from a bot i made for the lastknights online game. who's interested please say and ill post the code here.

for dale: pls help me with this! at work i have a proxy srvr so i cant ping with cmd: ping [site]. in the code i've used the ping from autoit and it returns a request time out. what other way is to see if a server is online over a proxy? :">

Edited by sipher69
AutoIt if more than a hobby. Is a way of life!http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26002 -my first projecthttp://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=26103 -my second project

Having a small gap in understanding in some of the new commands, since the migration. I want to, Create a page, navigate to the specified page, then make the table in the page an object, then send the info in the table to an array.

I haven't gotten far, but maybe you can help me understand the order of the commands I should use. I can't give out the webpage I am working on, because it is within our intranet. Thanks in advance.

_IELoadWait ($oIE)
ToolTip ($o_Table_Info)
There are two methods of getting a table reference.

One is

$oTable = _IETableGetObjByName($oIE, "table-name-or-id")

the other is

$oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 0-based-index)
note that this syntax replaces the _IETableGetObjByIndex in the old release.

You then use

$array = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable)

Dale

Note: your code referenced FormElement, I'm assuming that was a typo...

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

• Moderators

_IELoadWait ($oIE)
ToolTip ($o_Table_Info)
First thing I see is that you don't need the _IELoadWait because _IECreate does that by default.

Second, grab the hwnd of the window to make sure your maximizing the correct one.

Thirdly, you are trying to reference a form collection with your table variable.

Try this to get you started:

$sUrl = "[Secret WebPage]"
$oIE = _IECreate ($sUrl)
$oHWND = _IEPropertyGet($oIE, "hwnd")
WinSetState ($oHWND, "", @SW_MAXIMIZE )
; the "0" is assumming that this is the first table in source order
$oTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 0)
$aTable_Info = _IETableWriteToArray($oTable)

Edit: Dale beat me to it

Edited by big_daddy

When using _IEFormElementGetObjByName When the object does not exist, it will not set @error and it thinks it's there. I have the page open, and it acts like "ImageName" exists, but when I do "ViewSource" it's not there. I even look for something wierd like "SHIBBIESHASHANOTHERE", it still thinks it is. I'm using AutoIt 3.1.1.123 Beta . Let me know if it's an error on my part.

EDIT: Seems to be the same with _IEFormGetObjByName. It worked fine with the old IE.au3, but doesn't seem to anymore.

EDIT: Confirmed that it does work properly with T1.0 (sets the @error), and does not set the @error with T2.0

Edited by AcidicChip

@AcidicChip

Thanks, I'll check it out and post back here.

Dale

Update: Good catch. Thanks. It is a subtle change I made... I'll fix this for the next test baselevel.

Edited by DaleHohm

@AcidicChip

Thanks, I'll check it out and post back here.

Dale

Update: Good catch. Thanks. It is a subtle change I made... I'll fix this for the next test baselevel.

Anything quick and easy I can change in the UDF file to fix it? I'm a heavy user of this UDF, and would like to take advantage of the 2.0 tweaks that you made, such as the loadwait timeout, etc.

Maybe a date on when the next test baselevel will be released?

Anything quick and easy I can change in the UDF file to fix it? I'm a heavy user of this UDF, and would like to take advantage of the 2.0 tweaks that you made, such as the loadwait timeout, etc.

Maybe a date on when the next test baselevel will be released?

Particularly if you are hoping to use the timeout, I'd suggest waiting for the next release (it is broken in the current release'already fixed for 2.0-1). I expect to release the update tomorrow.

In the mean time you can check IsObj() of the return value.

Dale

Particularly if you are hoping to use the timeout, I'd suggest waiting for the next release (it is broken in the current release'already fixed for 2.0-1). I expect to release the update tomorrow.

In the mean time you can check IsObj() of the return value.

Dale

You are the man, and all your hard work is greatly appreciated.

• Moderators

1) Credit to big_daddy for help on this previously, he made 99.9% of this script.

2) How do I change the script so that the GUI will display all columns of the info in the table?

2a) Is that more of a GUI question, or a IE.au3 question?

3) Dumb question, is $i predefined somewhere?

4) Thanks in Advance.

If you'll make a new post in the Support Forum I'll post the fixed code for you.

@litlmike

I'm hoping you'll be willing to edit that last post and replace it with a pointer to where you'll start that question as a post in the V3 Support forum.

We need to keep this thread focused on specific issues with the UDF and not working issue with applications taht utilize it.

Thanks in advance...

Dale

Update: scarry... we have to stop meeting like this dig_daddy :)

Edited by DaleHohm

@litlmike

We need to keep this thread focused on specific issues with the UDF and not working issue with applications taht utilize it.

Thanks in advance...

Dale

Update: scarry... we have to stop meeting like this dig_daddy :)

Sorry for that, and for being such a noob, I am really trying to upgrade to non-noob status. :(

You and big_daddy have helped me come a long way. Still got a long way to go.

Edited by litlmike

New test baselevel T2.0-1 has been posted. See basenote for download and change details.

Several fixes and many usability enhancements added.

Enjoy!

Dale

E:\Source\AutoIT\Includes\IE_T2.0_1.au3 (709) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:

Until ($oTemp.document.readyState = "complete" Or $oTemp.document.readyState = 4)

Until ($oTemp.document^ ERROR

I seem to have this problem occur often....

Also, I often get

--> IE.au3 Warning from function _IEFormElementGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch

What exactly does that mean?