Default Program

Hi, me again. Sorry for this question.

I have pdf file need to open using adobe acrobate 7.0. In my laptop, i have both of version adobe acrobate which is version 5.0 and 7.0.

I have write autoit program to open pdf file using acrobat 7.0. But the file still open using adobe version 5.0 whereby it should be opened using version 7.0.

So how i want to make sure that adobe acrobat 7.0 will be handled the pdf file when program (developed using autoit ) has run it.

tq

*sorry for my english

You could:

(a) Run acrobat reader with the correct param to open, specifying the direct path to the program (they are installed in different areas, right).

(B ) Check the registry for values of where the version resides, or change the default program opening in the registry just for this run (then change it back to the original).

This might be one where seeing how you invoke the program will help (post a bit of your code!).

Edited by MrBeatnik

Please correct me if I am wrong in any of my posts. I like learning from my mistakes too.

What i mean,

1. I want to open pdf file using program developed using autoit.

2. The pdf file only working well using acrobat version 7.0

3. But the problem is, the default acrobat is version 5.0 in my laptop

4. I dont want to change the default acrobat becoz i need to use version 5.0 as default for certaion reason.

5. But i want to the pdf file in step 1 open using acrobat version 7 when my program (developed using autoit) call to run the pdf file to open.

Hopefully all of you understang what i mean.

Sorry for bad explain. But i really hope all here can help me. Tq

Edited by manmoncang

What i mean,

1. I want to open pdf file using program developed using autoit.

2. The pdf file only working well using acrobat version 7.0

3. But the problem is, the default acrobat is version 5.0 in my laptop

4. I dont want to change the default acrobat becoz i need to use version 5.0 as default for certaion reason.

5. But i want to the pdf file in step 1 open using acrobat version 7 when my program (developed using autoit) call to run the pdf file to open.

Hopefully all of you understang what i mean.

Sorry for bad explain. But i really hope all here can help me. Tq

MrBeatnik already answered your question. Use option (a) in his post: When opening the PDF, point to the directory where Adobe Reader 7 is located and open the file from there.

Example: Run("'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe' 'MyPDFFile.PDF'") Notice the single and double-quotes.

MrBeatnik already answered your question. Use option (a) in his post: When opening the PDF, point to the directory where Adobe Reader 7 is located and open the file from there.

Example: Run("'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe' 'MyPDFFile.PDF'") Notice the single and double-quotes.

one more thing that may work for you, i made a little script a while back for editing context menus on files, it can also be used to change file associations. my script is in scripts and scraps, and it's named 'Right Click' (you may want to search by my name as i'm sure right click will return alot of hits you don't want). it will give you a gui that will let you choose the extension (.pdf in this case) that you want to modify, and then edit the command executed with the 'Open' command.