Multiple Commands In Dos

hi all... i'm working on a chatlog history backupper and now i want to upload a zip file (the logs) to my ftp (by using windowsbuilt-in ftp client). So i tried this with a batch:

@echo off
ftp
open revealgames.net
frontmill@revealgames.net
password
put c:\logs.zip
quit
exit

but that doesn't work, if i dont do the echo off my dos keeps sending the ftp command over and over without a result. If i do use the @echo off dos starts but nothing happens.

anyone knows a solution? (preferably one without using a batch file, but if you know a way to fix it using the batch you'll make me very happy as well)

hi all... i'm working on a chatlog history backupper and now i want to upload a zip file (the logs) to my ftp (by using windowsbuilt-in ftp client). So i tried this with a batch:

@echo off
ftp
open revealgames.net
password
quit
exit

but that doesn't work, if i dont do the echo off my dos keeps sending the ftp command over and over without a result. If i do use the @echo off dos starts but nothing happens.

anyone knows a solution? (preferably one without using a batch file, but if you know a way to fix it using the batch you'll make me very happy as well)

"@echo off" doesn't affect the way that the batch file is working, meaning it doesn't make it do anything differently except it doesn't send output to the screen. it's still just doing the same thing of sending the ftp command over and over without a result.

@echo off
ftp
open revealgames.net
password
quit
exit

You can have AutoIt create a batch file (FileOpen), run it and then delete it when you are finished with it.

You can have AutoIt create a batch file (FileOpen), run it and then delete it when you are finished with it.

that wouldn't make any diffrence.. it would still be the same bat file.. right?

and where can i find more info about ftp.au3?

• Moderators

and where can i find more info about ftp.au3?

:) Theres this thing called "Search" at the top of your page here, type in "ftp.au3" in the search menu (maybe scripts and scraps specific) might work?

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

yeah i did that lol.. this is my script nowm with the records i always use when i go to my ftp with IE...

$server = 'ftp://frontmill@revealgames.net'
$username = 'frontmill@revealgames.net'
$pass = 'geheim2'

$Open = _FTPOpen('MyFTP2')
$Conn = _FTPConnect($Open, $server, $username, $pass)
$Ftpp = _FtpPutFile($Conn, 'C:\logs.zip', 'logs.zip')
$Ftpc = _FTPClose($Open)
MsgBox(0,"1",$Open & " " & $Conn & " " & $Ftpp & " " & $Ftpc)
Edited by frontmill