Updating Progress Bar Displays Incorrectly

I have an applet that has been in production for months, which uses a continuously-updated progress bar on a GUI. The last production release was compiled with 3.1.1.105. Today I recompiled in 119, and 123, and found that the progress bar was not updating correctly. When I regressed back to 105 and recompiled, the progress bar displayed correctly again.

I have reviewed all of the changes since 105, but see nothing that may contribute to my problem.

Here is a simple script that gives the "bad" progress display simply by setting the progress percentage to 0.

Anything above 0 and it displays normally. In my real applet, I am updating other text on the dialog, not changing the progress setting, only re-applying it... the same problem happens.

Note that the attached script shows a normal empty progress bar set at 0 in 105, but not in 123...

Any ideas?

ProgressBugfix.au3

• Developers

I have an applet that has been in production for months, which uses a continuously-updated progress bar on a GUI. The last production release was compiled with 3.1.1.105. Today I recompiled in 119, and 123, and found that the progress bar was not updating correctly. When I regressed back to 105 and recompiled, the progress bar displayed correctly again.

I have reviewed all of the changes since 105, but see nothing that may contribute to my problem.

Here is a simple script that gives the "bad" progress display simply by setting the progress percentage to 0.

Anything above 0 and it displays normally. In my real applet, I am updating other text on the dialog, not changing the progress setting, only re-applying it... the same problem happens.

Note that the attached script shows a normal empty progress bar set at 0 in 105, but not in 123...

Any ideas?

Your problem is that the controls are overlapping..

i just changed the sequence and it shows correctly again, but you really shouldn't have overlapping controls unless it is intended:

$Label_2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Msg_text, 40, 20, 270, 60)
$Label_4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("", 320, 20, 60, 60)
$Label_3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel($Tag_text, 40, 100, 330, 60)
$Progress_1 = GUICtrlCreateProgress(60, 60, 270, 20)
GUISetState()
ProgressUpdate($Label_2, $Msg_text, $Label_4, "", $Progress_1, 0)
Sleep(2000)
Func ProgressUpdate($Label_1, $Data_1, $Label_2, $Data_2, $Progress_3, $Data_3)
    If $Show_dialogs = 1 Then
        GUICtrlSetData($Label_1, $Data_1);Update the message on the progress screen
        GUICtrlSetData($Label_2, $Data_2);Update the message on the progress screen
        GUICtrlSetData($Progress_3, $Data_3);Update the progress.
    EndIf
EndFunc  ;==>ProgressUpdate

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)