Ws_tabstop On Edit Control

jpm

This was one of my dearest stumbling blocks. You can tab INTO an Edit, but not OUT of one. So, I had 2 options. Create complicated code to setfocus to the next control when TAB is pressed, or change things so that TAB would actually insert a tav into the Edit. I chose the latter.

Lar.

Thanks,

102.23 do the same. If nobody find an easy solution I will stay as is. :D

• Administrators

This was one of my dearest stumbling blocks. You can tab INTO an Edit, but not OUT of one. So, I had 2 options. Create complicated code to setfocus to the next control when TAB is pressed, or change things so that TAB would actually insert a tav into the Edit. I chose the latter.

Lar.

Hmm, in Aut2Exe you can tab between edit controls OK and that has just basic dialog handling. I've not looked at the gui code closely but is it not just a custom dialog?

In my opinion, tabbing out of input (Controls without ES_MULTILINE) makes sense, since it's unlikely that you will need to insert a tab into just a single line edit control. But in the multiline edit controls, inserting a tab should actually insert a tab character since people might use multiline edit's for word processing.

In my opinion, tabbing out of input (Controls without ES_MULTILINE) makes sense, since it's unlikely that you will need to insert a tab into just a single line edit control.  But in the multiline edit controls, inserting a tab should actually insert a tab character since people might use multiline edit's for word processing.

It is working on input if you don't use GuiMsg(0) just GuiMsg()