get window title and window text

Guest stanley

Guest stanley

Hi,

is it possible to get the window title and window text of an active window?

regards

Stanley

• 2 months later...

Yep,

WinGetActiveTitle, Title

MsgBox, 0, The active window is ..., "%Title%"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Beastmaster.

I hope you don't mind the quote. I noticed that you were an advanced user. Can you, or anyone, give me some help with getting text? I am trying to preform an action when I get a text. I've been working on it for a while. I want to work on an Everquest script, so that my warrior will level himself up overnight. Okay. Here's what I am trying to do. Even just knowing how one or two of these commands would work would really help.

(Window title "Everquest.exe")

(Text box title "Main Chat")

Okay....

So here are a few things I've been trying to do.

I want to get the text from the box, constantly, and when the computer picks up *all caps "LOADING.... Please wait." I want the computer to hold forward for ten seconds, turn left (still holding forward), then hold forward for two seconds (release forward.

I have a script running that turns attack on and off, targets opponents, and throws stones to pull. When a monster starts attacking my warrior, I want to make sure that he is hitting (so he doesn't die).

*Same window and text box.

Get text. When the computer picks up "You cannot see your target." Press forward for half a second, press left (or right) for half a second. (This will get me out of hedges and make sure that the warrior is looking the right way.)

Okay. I fight undead, and they don't run. So if the opponent is too far away, it's because I'm beating them back.

*Same window and text box.

Get text. When the computer picks up "Your target is too far away." Press forward for 1 second.

Just some simple stuff like this. I have been trying to get the script going, but it doesn't work and it takes forever to get in and out of EQ. Please give some help. Thanks a bunch. Sign Me!