imagine...

$files = stringsplit ( all the file ) ; or read from a file - FileListToArray

$ini_info = stringsplit

... load the files in lists/combos

... a file is selected by user

for $x =1 to $files[0]

... _Install($file[$x], $ini_info[$x])

Func _Install($script_au3, $ini_info)

SplashTextOn('Installing', StringLeft($script_au3, 4))

RunWait(@AutoItExe & ' /AutoIt3ExecuteScript "' & $script_au3 & '"')

If $ini_info > "" then iniwrite( .... ini info

SplashOff()

EndFunc

just a direction... one of many available that could handle lots of install files and reg .... and removal ( or whatever)

8)

Edited by Valuater

NEWHeader1.png

O_o Just got some coffy been up all night getting alot of it to fit together you know the 200lines you saw its now 483 O_O feel like im programming a damn website again.

Anywho yes now that I am awake and not half asleep and capable of reading and understanding code that isnt comming from my head.

That actually would be a great idea.

The only thing is O_o would that work if say 15items were selectd in which around 7 of them will require system reboots than have to pickup where the installs had left off. I am very unfamiliar with the way string functions work in AutoIt.

I have it all set now to the point where it writes all the variables into seperate sections in a hidden ini file on the root of C so upon reboot it launches the main back up which it will look to c if the ini exists if so than it will read that and continue accordingly based on the sections values.

Anywho when it comes time to start insepcting my code and improving it and efficiency I will really start to take into accounts easier ways in which to do things. As I almost have the entire skeleton structure for it done. Next

comes inspecting my code than comes putting the meat on the bones O_o aka Features

I am still a bit upset taht I can not get an accurate progress bar that will know how many apps selections were made and be able to have a double bars one for overall and 1 for just that current selection. With progress readouts on the right side of them

Edited by Sublime

And than you gota realize there are 17 app installers I have made and will probably be more l8r on. Also there are several registry tweak scripts and appearance tweak scripts taht I will be puttin into the main.

Perhaps guessing here by interpretation, but any registry tweaks that are exclusive to a install should be within that install script itself. This makes the install scripts independant. This also applies for any cleanup of files to remove or anything else needed to create the perfect install routine.

With this information, I cannot see your main script as needing to become big. Your main script does the tasks of running the Gui, and then managing the process of executing the install scripts. The main script can also log for exitcodes, times taken for each install, etc.

Here is a deployment script that installs programs by au3 script found in select folders. I use it on a Unattended Install of Windows. As it is the main script, like yours, then it may show you some idea's of how your main script can monitor installs with logging etc. Do not execute it unless you want some changes to happen.

If you do some checking around, then you should be able to suppress the reboots. Using a /noreboot switch for example, can help to prevent any automatic reboot. CMenu may help you with some switches and install scripts.

@herewasplato

I have painfully gained some knowledge with Installers over time. But never take them for granted.