Dropdown item in IE

I am writing a script to automatically log me into an internet service. There are 3 boxes and one combobox that I need to fill out. the first three I can simply tab to and enter info. but the combobox I need to hit the dropdown and select a specific persons name. Well that list is always changing and I can't type directly into the box. I tried the controlcommand but that does not seem to work. Here is the code I am using to try and select the item.

ControlCommand( "Microsoft Internet Explorer", "", "Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx1", "SetCurrentSelection","Persons Name")

I also tried the ShowDropDown but that did not work, It just highlighted the box. Any idea's?

Thanks,

Mike

Do you have to use IE? If not, I have a pretty simple solution using Mozilla's Firefox. Once the dropdown field is selected, you can start typing the text you wish to select. As an example, say you wanted to select the name "John Doe". You could tab to the dropdown box, send the text "John Doe", and it'll select that item. In the event that there are 2 or more selections that begin with the string that you type, the first one will be selected.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.

I am writing a script to automatically log me into an internet service.  There are 3 boxes  and one combobox that I need to fill out.  the first three I can simply tab to and enter info.  but the combobox I need to hit the dropdown and select a specific persons name.  Well that list is always changing and I can't type directly into the box.  I tried the controlcommand but that does not seem to work.  Here is the code I am using to try and select the item.

ControlCommand( "Microsoft Internet Explorer", "", "Internet Explorer_TridentCmboBx1", "SetCurrentSelection","Persons Name")

I also tried the ShowDropDown but that did not work, It just highlighted the box.  Any idea's?

Thanks,

Mike

If you know what the names are you're looking for to select you can send("[down]")

and copy to the clipboard each time. It's slow I have a submission script I wrote

Rick