Smartcard & Runasset()

Hi all,

I have created a tool wich allow me to run task with my standard account but also with my admin account.

In this case, i use the Runasset() function (works fine).

The problme is the following:

I have to use a smartcard with my 2 accounts and it won't be possible to use Runasset() any more.

Has anyone a king of workaround or any information for me...

Thanx in advance.

Xavier

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried useing RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c runas /smartcard cmd") but it just flashes a blank prompt. so i tried RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c pause | runas /smartcard cmd") and it opens up a blank prompt that will not go away untill i press a key. for some reason runas /smartcard does not like scripts. i even made a bat file with one line pause | runas.exe /noprofile /smartcard cmd and it does the same thing. but if i open a command prompt then type in pause | runas.exe /noprofile /smartcard cmd it works fine. has anyone else had the same problems, because i have tried this on multiple pc's and had the same problem. i realy want to be able to run the network tools gui i made with my smartcard, but i am hitting a brick wall. any help would be appreciated

Thanks Brad.

Hi all,

I have created a tool wich allow me to run task with my standard account but also with my admin account.

In this case, i use the Runasset() function (works fine).

The problme is the following:

I have to use a smartcard with my 2 accounts and it won't be possible to use Runasset() any more.

Has anyone a king of workaround or any information for me...

Thanx in advance.

Xavier

Just noticed something weird. i was getting frustrated, and started running and closing my .bat file over and over, and one of the many times i did it it worked, so i have gotten runas /smartcard to run about 4 times out of 50 runs. that seems a bit screwie to me, dont know if anyone knows about that, or has had the same problem. this also happens to me no mater what pc i am on.

I have tried useing RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c runas /smartcard cmd") but it just flashes a blank prompt. so i tried RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c pause | runas /smartcard cmd") and it opens up a blank prompt that will not go away untill i press a key. for some reason runas /smartcard does not like scripts. i even made a bat file with one line pause | runas.exe /noprofile /smartcard cmd and it does the same thing. but if i open a command prompt then type in pause | runas.exe /noprofile /smartcard cmd it works fine. has anyone else had the same problems, because i have tried this on multiple pc's and had the same problem. i realy want to be able to run the network tools gui i made with my smartcard, but i am hitting a brick wall. any help would be appreciated

Thanks Brad.