Checkbox's

I've been trying this all day and can't figure out why the script won't uncheck this box.

WinWaitActive("Setup","to restore original files before")
ControlCommand("Setup","to restore original files before",13,"UnCheck","")

I have also used "Button9" instead of the ControlID, but no matter what i do it gets to that window and stops and never un checks that checkbox.

• Developers

I've been trying this all day and can't figure out why the script won't uncheck this box.

I have also used "Button9" instead of the ControlID, but no matter what i do it gets to that window and stops and never un checks that checkbox.

Button9 doesn't sound like a Checkbox.

Are you sure about the control info ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Button9 doesn't sound like a Checkbox.

Are you sure about the control info ?

Yeah, well as sure as i can be just starting. I open the AutoIT Window info and focus on the install. When that screen comes up i check all the controls to make sure they are unique and not some generic control. Each checkbox (and the text next to it) has its own CID and Button Name. I can click on any of the text to activate the checkbox in addition to the box itself.

• Developers

Yeah, well as sure as i can be just starting. I open the AutoIT Window info and focus on the install. When that screen comes up i check all the controls to make sure they are unique and not some generic control. Each checkbox (and the text next to it) has its own CID and Button Name. I can click on any of the text to activate the checkbox in addition to the box itself.

What is the installer you are trying to automate ?

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Can you show what AutoIt Info displays for this control. It could possibly be a hidden control which also catches me out some, and is hard to get around at times. I sometimes use AutoItMacroGenerator on the control in question and it gives me a different ControlID, as one can overlap another. So, some information on what you see could help us to help you. :D

Press CTRL-ALT-F to pause the display.

>>>>>>>>>>>> Window Details <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Title:  Vista Transformation Pack
Class:  GLBSWizard
Size:   X: 386  Y: 301  W: 500  H: 387

>>>>>>>>>>> Mouse Details <<<<<<<<<<<
Screen: X: 455  Y: 515
Cursor ID:  2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
RGB:    Hex: 0xECE9D8   Dec: 15526360

>>>>>>>>>>> Control Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<
Size:       X: 17   Y: 176  W: 210  H: 13
Control ID: 13
ClassNameNN:    Button9
Text:       About Windows

>>>>>>>>>>> Status Bar Text <<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>>>> Visible Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<
&Next >
&Cancel
This dialog will let you customize your system files for Windows Vista look. Please perform the following options. If you want to change these settings, you need to uninstall Vista Transformation Pack and reinstall again. It's recommend to restore orignal files before continue.
< &Back
Classic Start Menu
Toolbar Windows flag
Tray icons
Login
Start Button flag
About Windows
Icons Set
Progress Dialog
ToolBar Button
Boot Screen
File processing dialogs
Remove Logoff/Shutdown button text
System Properties dialog

>>>>>>>>>>> Hidden Window Text <<<<<<<<<<<

I want to uncheck most of those boxes because i only want parts of this to be installed.

• 2 weeks later...

try this

WinWaitActive("Vista Transformation Pack","This dialog will let you customize")
ControlClick ("Vista Transformation Pack", "This dialog will let you customize", 13 , "button9")