Function needed

Hi,

I'm having a problem figuring out which funtion to use in a program that I'm trying to write. I'm trying to get something like a goto effect wherein I have three seperate processes, each with their own steps to follow. and if a condition is met during any of the steps in a process then it skips the remainder of the steps and goes on to the next process. For example, lets say that the program goes something like 1.1,1.2,1.3, 2.1,2.2,2.3, etc (where the first number is the process and the second is the step in the process) and on 1.2 a condition is met where 1.3 does not need to be performed and the program should now go to 2.1. I'm sure there is something very easy that will do exactly what I need, but I'm new to all of this so I have no idea what it is. Thank you for any help.

• Moderators

Hi,

I'm having a problem figuring out which funtion to use in a program that I'm trying to write. I'm trying to get something like a goto effect wherein I have three seperate processes, each with their own steps to follow. and if a condition is met during any of the steps in a process then it skips the remainder of the steps and goes on to the next process. For example, lets say that the program goes something like 1.1,1.2,1.3, 2.1,2.2,2.3, etc (where the first number is the process and the second is the step in the process) and on 1.2 a condition is met where 1.3 does not need to be performed and the program should now go to 2.1. I'm sure there is something very easy that will do exactly what I need, but I'm new to all of this so I have no idea what it is. Thank you for any help.

If $Condition = 1.2 Then _GoToThisProcess()
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.