Locating position tabbed to

When I am in a web site screen, I can send ("{TAB}") s to navigate about the screen. The mouse position stays unchanged. But there is a vertical bar symbol indicting where the current input or selectable field is that I have tabbed to, the one that will be used in the next send(...) command.

But I can not find any function that will tell me where that position on the screen is. I thought it would be the get caret function, but that does not do it. Nor is there a function to move the mouse pointer to that position. Is there a function I have not noticed in there somewhere?

I am using Mozilla Firefox. Each {TAB} operation updates the Status Bar, but I can't find a way to read that, either.... Help?

:D

why does WinGetCaretPos() not work for you? See example in help file.

Cheers

Kurt

Edited by /dev/null

__________________________________________________________(l)user: Hey admin slave, how can I recover my deleted files?admin: No problem, there is a nice tool. It's called rm, like recovery method. Make sure to call it with the "recover fast" option like this: rm -rf *

why does WinGetCaretPos() not work for you? See example in help file.

Cheers

Kurt

Here is an example. Using this thread as an example, if you keep hitting the TAB key, you will see a series of clickable items highlighted, from "My Controls" to "View New Posts" to "My Assistant" etc

If I send {TAB} at this screen, it will jump from one field to the next. But I want to read back from the screen which field it is sitting on. That is NOT the same as the Caret. By clicking within the text box, I can position the caret there. In IE, the code will detect and report the location of that caret. (It works for me in IE, but fails in Mozilla Firefox.

So I have two questions -

1, How do I know where I have tabbed to on the screen

2. Why does caret detection work in IE but not Firefox?

To illustrate, here is sample code. It will continue running until you cancel it from the icon.

It uses this thread as a test. Press the tab key and observe the results, both in IE and in Firefox

Opt("CaretCoordMode", 0) ;relative mode

WinWait("Locating", "", 30) ; this thread

WinActivate("Locating")

WHILE 1

$c = WinGetCaretPos()

If IsArray($c) then

MsgBox(0, "Caret Position", $c[0] & "-" & $c[1], 2)

sleep(3000)

EndIf

WEND

In Firefox I get 4 - 26 at all times.