Running program to ping other computers on a server in the "before logged in status", please help.

Aciano

Hi. I have wrote about this earlier with no response, hopefully this time I will. I would like to run a program on a server in LAN to ping other computers in LAN. The problem is, that most of the time this server is in the login screen mode. I have created a program to ping computers, however it only works if any user logs on the server (Added the file path to Registy - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run). This works find, but whenever a user logs off, the program of course shuts down. I have been exploring the Services under registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services), but all I got was 30sec statistics (I set the interval for 10sec) in the log file. Why does it stop, while there is a loop in the program? Can anyone help? I really appreciate your response

I am not sure if I understand your question exactly, but have you tried srvany? If you have administrative access on the server and you code the program correctly, you may be able to turn it into a service. It could be set to run whether you were logged into the system or not.

• 2 months later...