get files from a directory and process them one by one

Hi, All,

This may be a very basic question for you. But I do need your help.

I am runing a program to process a bunch of data files. What I would like to do is using AUTOIT script to:

1. launch the application (say, excel.exe)

2. get all the files with certain extension (say, .txt) in certain directory (say c:\temp), then ask the application process them one by one, till finishing them all.

Hope you can give me a hand.

Thank you in advance.

if in case someone has already posted this topic, please forgive me.

Yunguo

I will give you some pointers to look in the helpfile. They will get you on your way.

Run() (open/run programs), FileFindFirstFile(), While...WEnd, FileFindNextFile(), FileOpen(), FileClose(). You may also want to look into the String*() functions.

There is also a very helpful Excel COM UDF (User Defined Function).

We generally dont write scripts for people. The support forum is for those that would like to get help as they go along. We try to teach the language not create scripts for all who come along. I hope you understand this.

I hope to have helped you in your journy,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Thank you for the pointers. It is very helpful indeed. I got my script working.

I will give you some pointers to look in the helpfile. They will get you on your way.

Run() (open/run programs), FileFindFirstFile(), While...WEnd, FileFindNextFile(), FileOpen(), FileClose(). You may also want to look into the String*() functions.

There is also a very helpful Excel COM UDF (User Defined Function).

We generally dont write scripts for people. The support forum is for those that would like to get help as they go along. We try to teach the language not create scripts for all who come along. I hope you understand this.

I hope to have helped you in your journy,

JS

Thank you for the pointers. It is very helpful indeed. I got my script working.

EXCELLENT! I am glad you were able to get it going, and it seems without a hitch!

:whistle:

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)