newb question regarding file path variables

i'm writing a script to automate saving a playlist(.m3u). Its currently working with a constant file path but i want to make the file path a variable so that an external .ini file can determine what folder the playlist will be saved in. i know..

iniread("C:\program files\road runner\rr.ini","","musicpath", "default") will give me the correct folder but how do i add the correct file name from there? Maybe this will better explain what i mean

$filepath = iniread("C:\program files\road runner\rr.ini","","musicpath", "default")

if $var= "5" Then

IniWrite("C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Ratings\ratingsconfig.ini","ratings", "playlistpath", "$filepath PLUS 5 stars.m3u")

i need to combine the $filepath with the name of the file "5 stars.m3u"

$filepath = iniread("C:\program files\road runner\rr.ini","","musicpath", "default") 
if $var= "5" Then
IniWrite("C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Ratings\ratingsconfig.ini","ratings", "playlistpath", "$filepath" & "5 stars.m3u")

Edited by BPBNA

if $var= "5" Then
IniWrite("C:\Program Files\Road Runner\Ratings\ratingsconfig.ini","ratings", "playlistpath", "$filepath" & "5 stars.m3u")
i know it would be something stupid. hadda remove the quotes around the variable though. Thanks :whistle: