Run Script -OR- Edit Script

Hello,

When installing AutoIt, I had the option to choose the action of a double-click on an .au3 file, between "Run Script" or "Edit Script." I chose "Edit Script" as it was recommended, but now changed my mind and want to have "Run Script" when double-clicking, instead.

Is there any way to do this without uninstalling and installing AutoIt?

Thank you,

Angelos

It was kind of getting annoying having it as edit and having to right click to run the script. Anyways, I edit the script in SciTE, save it and go to the file and run it. I don't need to open the editor for the script again when I go to run the file as I look at it just before in SciTE. At least now I understand why it was recommended to have it as Edit. Anyway, Thanks for the help!

• Developers

Run SciTEConfig (Ctrl+1) and select Edit or Run (Whatever you want) at the top of the first menu ...

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

JdeB -> that's what I was looking for!

However, associating the .au3 files with AutoIt, as xcal said, screwed this up and now I have "Open" as the double clicking option :whistle:

Yeap... what can I say....

Open Windows Explorer/Tools/Folder Options ....Tab "File Types"

Type AU3 which will jump down to the au3 ext defs.

Click on the "Restore" button....

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hey xcal,

I'm not blaiming you for anything. I didn't say YOU screwed that up. Why did you get upset about it? I just referred to your name to explain the situation so that it's easier to understand by reading the last post.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding.

BTW, I did associate it with SciTE and the option for double clicking became "Open" and it opened it for editing while in the SciTE settings it was set for "Run" (sorry for the runnon).

...and can you explain what I didn't understand?

Anyway, this is fixed; thanks to everyone that helped!

Huh? I'm not upset.

When you start the scite/autoit config (ctrl+1), it checks its own registry entry to see which radio button should be checked. It doesn't atcually check the current .au3 file association. So, if you change the association outside of the config, it can easily become out of sync.

Edited by xcal