InetGet - Exclude images?

yutt

I'm curious how InetGet works. Does it just download the text if linked to a web site, or does it download everything on the site (images, etc.)?

If it does download everything, is there a simple way to disable this? I am downloading and parsing the text of the site, I have no need to waste time/bandwidth downloading the images.

Edited by yutt
It is a waste of energy to be angry with a man who behaves badly, just as it is to be angry with a car that won't go. - Bertrand Russell

My first reaction is to point you to the help file. But then I stop and wonder if you understand how a broswer actually works. In case you don't, I will sum it up:

• The browser pulls down the html file.
  • The browser reads said file and then gets indicated files for inclusion in the page.
  • The browser renders the page
As a note - if you simply go to a stite without giving a file name, the server supplies the page in accordance with the preferences it has been given.

If this isn't enough to get you going, then I would suggest you learn more about how the web works before proceeding on your project.

Kirk

Wow.

Look, I am a relatively intelligent person. I understand how "the web works" to a sufficient degree. I naively expected someone to helpfully supply a simple answer, instead of trying to be smart-guy pricks.

What the hell happened to this place? When I first ran into AutoIT everyone was so friendly. That's actually the only reason I started using it over Winbinder. I guess it's naive for me to expect courtesy on the Internet. Instead people need to demean others in the guise of "helping them help themselves".

I'm not sure what your problem is, but maybe you can stop the Internet-smart guy routine and either start being nice to people, or stop reading and responding on a support forum. People are going to sometimes ask questions that they could have found the answers to, or even not make sense at all.

Myself, I didn't understand the underlying system AutoIT uses do download pages. Maybe it somehow interfaces with IE and while a single file is saved to your destination, it silently downloaded the entire "page" in the background. Maybe it was just a dumb question, but at the time I didn't think so, and that is still no justification for being rude.

Once you stop acting like arrogant children maybe you can say something worthwhile. I'm generally a nice person but you two are seriously just being unprovoked jerks.

Edited by yutt
It is a waste of energy to be angry with a man who behaves badly, just as it is to be angry with a car that won't go. - Bertrand Russell

• 2 weeks later...