How to compar pixels?

lolp1

• Moderators

BTW, for me it seems that neither one of you didn't quite get what the other one meant.

No, I understood exactly what he meant, which is why I referred him to the thread that Larry made... As a matter of fact, if I didn't know what he meant, you probably wouldn't have posted your AutoHotKey suggestion in reference to Larrys function :)

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

A scripting language based on AutoIt v2.

@Smoke_N: Hmm...I don't see them being exactly same. He was talking about reference image and you were talking about reference pixel array / pixelchecksum. I might be wrong. But yes, both ways work. ImageSearch is quicker, though...

They both do basically the same thing though... (well, not coding-wise, but they both can find a place on the screen... and then move there...)

The programming language "Pascal" has a BitmapSearch, that searches for a bitmap on the screen, basically the same thing that that function does.

What goes around comes around... Payback's a bitch.

• Moderators

A scripting language based on AutoIt v2.

@Smoke_N: Hmm...I don't see them being exactly same. He was talking about reference image and you were talking about reference pixel array / pixelchecksum. I might be wrong. But yes, both ways work. ImageSearch is quicker, though...

So this AutoHotKey Function... How exactly does it find an image on a screen, since you've referenced it as not checking pixels or their sums (That's just how I read the above)? Not a flame question, I'd seriously like to know.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

They both do basically the same thing though... (well, not coding-wise, but they both can find a place on the screen... and then move there...)

His method took to long and was not accurate enough, like I said 1000000x larrys method was NOT what I was looking for.

...probably because some people think it's important. Larry's functions are awesome, but they are not the same --> you don't have a human recognizable reference image anywhere. That is a big difference.

AutoHotkey has an imageSearch function that does just what you ask. What I did was that I compiled an AutoHotkey function so that when I call it with command line parameters, it finds the image on screen (if it's there). That function in Autohotkey is accurate and very fast, much faster than Larry's code or a couple of dll's recommended previously on this forum.

BTW, for me it seems that neither one of you didn't quite get what the other one meant.

This is what I was looking for, just don't know how to use it. I made an attempt, and no luck.

Edited by lolp1

His method took to long and was not accurate enough, like I said 1000000x larrys method was NOT what I was looking for.

This is what I was looking for, just don't know how to use it. I made an attempt, and no luck.

I have questions on this topic, please.

Firstly if Smoke says this is the way to scan then I'm sure all alternatives, if any have been checked out and this is the fastest way to go. ie scan for a color match and then test the surroundings for a PCS match.

Larry's code is logical and tight and it does the job great.

Edit 1 - October 25,2006

I believed at the time, by the way this thread was dealt with when answering the above questions, that people knew what they were talking about. I was wrong. This method might not be the way to go.

See http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=256976

Edited by 1905russell