Idea help

Ive got an idea. No doubt some of you have played the MMORPG World of Warcraft.

I am currently in a guild, with a recruitment forum. Some people cant fill out a form correct, therefore i thought about making a program, which showed a gui with several checkboxes and other stuff you could fill out with wow info and then it would write it all in one big box at last, which you could copy/paste into the forum

The problem is i have NO idea of how to make it. I need to know how you make it "save" the data you write. Should i use iniwrite/read?

Thanks everyone

Edited by 8218

I am currently in a guild, with a recruitment forum. Some people cant fill out a form correct, therefore i thought about making a program, which showed a gui with several checkboxes, then some iniboxes, etc etc, and then it would write it all in one big box at last, which you could copy/paste into the forum

The problem is i have NO idea of how to make it. I need to know how you make it "save" the data you write. Should i use iniwrite/read?

Thanks everyone

JUST a warning.. there are alot people banned because using 3rd party programs (like Autoit).

they dont see if its ment to be good or bad.. Excuse me if i bothered you.

Thnk :)

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

No im sorry, but you're wrong

You get banned for using 3'rd party programs when you're playing the game (bots etc.)

This could have been any other game, and it dossnt effect the game in any way that gives you an unfair adventage.

No im sorry, but you're wrong

You get banned for using 3'rd party programs when you're playing the game (bots etc.)

You get banned if you sent 'packets' to the game. (more then usual)

Sorry.. i will stop bothering you.. and spam your topic :)

ahh okay, im sorry, it aint supposed to send packs its just pure text, thanks anyway

if you sent Text to the game then your sending packets also. Edited by aceloc

[quote name='AceLoc']I gots new sunglasses there cool.[/quote]

I am currently in a guild, with a recruitment forum. Some people cant fill out a form correct, therefore i thought about making a program, which showed a gui with several checkboxes and other stuff you could fill out with wow info and then it would write it all in one big box at last, which you could copy/paste into the forum

Thanks everyone

Did you want to save it for re-use at a later stage (in which case you would have to write it to the disk), or just ask for values, check that they are within specification and enter it into the correct web site (in which case you could just store the data temporarily in the variables while the script is running)?

Making a baisc form to fill out is fairly simple, but I would suggest you explore autoit a bit more before jumping into it. Also I've seen a lot of WoW websites that make use of the WoW UI function to export all the users data(Stats, Inventory, PVP data, ect.)

The link below has several data export mods for WoW that might come in handy.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/section...dataexport.html for a list of user export mods.

and also read up on the actual UI moding in WoW

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/board.html?forumId=11114