Auto3Lib

PaulIA

I'm here. I will update to the latest version and give it a try. Thanks for fix.

I never got a reply back on this, so I'll assume that the problem went away with upgrading to the latest release of AutoIt. Thanks again to everybody that provided feedback to help figure this out. Edited by PaulIA
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

:whistle: i posted a problem in general support but i'm not sure if everyone will check it in case that it is concerning auto3lib so

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41201

:lol: tx in advance :)

Responded in other thread. For future reference, please post all Auto3Lib questions here so that I don't have to search the entire forum every day.

Hey, I'm having a problem. When I screenshot some windows, I'm getting a weird error. The one I'm getting now is Invalid Window Handle. For example, when I screenshot Sciite, FlashFXP, etc. Those two are the only two that do it so far, but I'm sure others will too. I also got another error, but I haven't gotten it in a while.

$aSize = WinGetPos("")
_ScreenCap_Capture($Fulllocation, $aSize[0], $aSize[1], $aSize[0] + $aSize[2], $aSize[1] + $aSize[3])

post-4499-1171788852_thumb.jpg

post-4499-1171788857_thumb.jpg

Hey, I'm having a problem. When I screenshot some windows, I'm getting a weird error. The one I'm getting now is Invalid Window Handle. For example, when I screenshot Sciite, FlashFXP, etc. Those two are the only two that do it so far, but I'm sure others will too. I also got another error, but I haven't gotten it in a while.

$aSize = WinGetPos("")
_ScreenCap_Capture($Fulllocation, $aSize[0], $aSize[1], $aSize[0] + $aSize[2], $aSize[1] + $aSize[3])
Here are some things to check:

1. Do you have the latest release of AutoIt?

2. Did you apply the patch to the screen capture module from the first post in this thread?

3. Are you trying to save the bitmap to a file that is already open?

4. Are you checking the values of $aSize to make sure WinGetPos returned an array of positive values?

5. It may just be the theme that you're using, but are you using Vista by chance?

6. Replace all of the variables in the call with fixed values and see if the problem goes away.

If none of these help, you'll need to send me a full script that reproduces the problem.

Edited by PaulIA

yeah, sorry for the delayed response. It seems to be working now though... yeah I'm running Vista. But I'm kinda leaning on something happened with Vista's video features that led the program not being able to take screen shots of some stuff. Tried it two days later, it works now. I'll post back if I have the same problem.

Question though. I'm sure this has been asked, so flame me if you want. But is there any way to use your auto3lib to take screenshots of both screens?

Thanks man.

yeah, sorry for the delayed response. It seems to be working now though... yeah I'm running Vista. But I'm kinda leaning on something happened with Vista's video features that led the program not being able to take screen shots of some stuff. Tried it two days later, it works now. I'll post back if I have the same problem.

Question though. I'm sure this has been asked, so flame me if you want. But is there any way to use your auto3lib to take screenshots of both screens?

Thanks man.

Well, as long as it works for you. If you run onto the problem again, try the suggestions and let me know what the problem was. It's helpful to others if they run onto the same thing.

As for your question, I'm not sure I understand. The ScreenCap function takes a screenshot of a portion of your primary desktop. If you're talking about dual monitor support, it won't take a screenshot of an image on the secondary desktop. However, it could be modified (or maybe make another function) to do this is there is enough demand.

In MonthCal.au3, this change to line 122 will give the correct response when you select the "Today" link:

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("Set today .................: " & _MonthCal_SetToday        ($hMonCal, @Year, @MON,  @MDAY                     ))

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

In MonthCal.au3, this change to line 122 will give the correct response when you select the "Today" link:

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("Set today .................: " & _MonthCal_SetToday        ($hMonCal, @Year, @MON,  @MDAY                     ))
When you create a calendar control, it automatically sets the "Today" link to the current date, so making the above call is not neccesary. In the demo, I purposely hard coded the date to show that you can set the "Today" link to any date, not just the current date.

When you create a calendar control, it automatically sets the "Today" link to the current date, so making the above call is not neccesary. In the demo, I purposely hard coded the date to show that you can set the "Today" link to any date, not just the current date.

Hi Paul1a,

Have you plan a new version of your excellent programm ? thanks for your answer

Hi PaulIA,

i have a trouble with SysAnimate321 Control. What include file from your library do i use to manage this control in AutoIt. Is it possible ??

Thank you for your reply...

Alex

Use the A3LAVI.au3 include file and the AVI.au3 demo file.

Hi Paul1a,

Have you plan a new version of your excellent programm ? thanks for your answer

Yes. I have been working since the last release on an AutoIt style help file for Auto3Lib. I am in the process of doing final edits right now, so it should be released within the next few days.