Auto3Lib

PaulIA

I just installed AutoIT Beta 3.2.3.10 and it goes away. Looks like .9 was broken.

The new beta includes the revised Memory.au3 file that has been packaged with Auto3Lib for about 4 months. Future releases of Auto3Lib will no longer need to include this file.
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

I ran this

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>

_ScreenCap_Capture( "screenshot.jpg" , 300, 300, 500, 500, 0)

after I installed http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...nload&id=47

yet when I ran it, this poped up and no screenshot is saved

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LGDIPlus.au3 (665) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$tInput.Version = 1

$tInput^ ERROR

I ran this

#include <A3LScreenCap.au3>

_ScreenCap_Capture( "screenshot.jpg" , 300, 300, 500, 500, 0)

after I installed http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...nload&id=47

yet when I ran it, this poped up and no screenshot is saved

C:\PROGRA~1\AutoIt3\Include\A3LGDIPlus.au3 (665) : ==> Variable must be of type "Object".:

$tInput.Version = 1

$tInput^ ERROR

You probably don't have latest Autoit beta version. See first post in this topic and read redme.txt!!

Thank You PaulIA for your excellent library it's an amazing bit of work you have accomplished :)

I notice a question that popped up a couple of times on the forum about the error that qwertylol is asking about.

Is it possible for your installer to check for the Beta autoit at the default directory when installing , this way when a user clicks next , next , next when installing your library of functions to the installer default then they will end up with the AL3xxxxx.au3 files in the beta directory.

Currently if a user does a mindless clean install to default locations of these programs in this order:

Autoit

Autoit Beta

Auto3Lib

Then Auto3Lib upon install (if not set by the user) will default install it's AL3xxxxx.au3 files into 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\' instead of 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\'

I'm aware this is not a fault of the installer or the excellent Auto3Lib you've provided but more a lack of research and understanding of a user.

Hope my suggestion doesn't come off as demanding, inconsiderate or disrepectful.

Once again thank you and cheers.

Thank You PaulIA for your excellent library it's an amazing bit of work you have accomplished :)

I notice a question that popped up a couple of times on the forum about the error that qwertylol is asking about.

Is it possible for your installer to check for the Beta autoit at the default directory when installing , this way when a user clicks next , next , next when installing your library of functions to the installer default then they will end up with the AL3xxxxx.au3 files in the beta directory.

Currently if a user does a mindless clean install to default locations of these programs in this order:

Autoit

Autoit Beta

Auto3Lib

Then Auto3Lib upon install (if not set by the user) will default install it's AL3xxxxx.au3 files into 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\Include\' instead of 'C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\Include\'

I'm aware this is not a fault of the installer or the excellent Auto3Lib you've provided but more a lack of research and understanding of a user.

Hope my suggestion doesn't come off as demanding, inconsiderate or disrepectful.

Once again thank you and cheers.

The problem with that would be the beta zip file. When you download the beta zip file and unzip it, it does not create a beta registry key. The other problem is, I would never know if the user wanted to use Auto3Lib with the latest distribution release or the latest beta. When I install the beta, I always use the zip file and overwrite the distribution release. If there's a problem with the beta, I just uninstall everyting and install the distribution release again. For me, it's a lot simpler than trying to remember which version I'm running. :D

I'll give it some thought to see if something can be done. Maybe I can give the user a choice of installing to beta or non beta directories (sort of like installers giving you a choice between "Typical" and "Custom".

Thanks for the thoughtful suggestion.

for the time being, can you suggest a solution for me?

uninstall everything and then just au3 beta and then Auto3lib?

what's the potential problem with using the beta just so I can use auto3lib?

Jon and the devs do a remarkable job of doing regression testing on their code before making a beta release. As you've seen over the past week, Jon has been quick to release new betas when he finds any problems. I use the latest beta release when I work on Auto3Lib because I want the library to be up to date with the latest AutoIt features. I also feel that, since Auto3Lib is such a large library, it helps Jon and the other developers work out any potential bugs (which have been few IMO). I have no fear of using the beta versions, but you'll have to be your own judge. Here is how I set up my AutoIt development environment:

1. Make sure you uninstall any prior versions of Auto3Lib

2. Uninstall any beta versions of AutoIt you have installed using a beta installer

3. Uninstall the distribution release of AutoIt

4. If it exists, delete the "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" directory

This will make sure you have an absolute clean environment. Now:

1. Install the distribution release of AutoIt

2. Download the latest beta zip file

3. Unzip the zip file to your "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3" directory, overwriting all files

4. Install Auto3Lib, accepting the default destination directory

If you absolutely must have a separate beta environment on your machine, install Auto3Lib and change the destination directory to your AutoIt beta directory. Just be aware that you will only be able to use Auto3Lib when you have switched to your beta environment. For me, having a separate beta environment has caused more headaches than anything, so I just use the latest beta code. If there is some problem with a beta I can't live with, I just drop back to the prior beta for a few days until Jon works out a fix.

Release 3.1.0

New features:

This release contains a module that implements all of the Clipboard API functions. The AutoIt clipboard functions only allow you a limited number of formats (text and HDROP types). This module allows you to use all of the standard clipboard formats as well as create your own.

Included several new additions to the memory API calls. Due to these additions, the _Mem_Free, _Mem_Init, _Mem_Read and _Mem_Write functions have been renamed. I doubt that anybody uses these (other than Auto3Lib itself), but thought I'd mention it just in case.

The installer now includes a read me dialog that explains how to install Auto3Lib when users have a production and beta environment. Some people are installing Auto3Lib in one environment and trying to run it from the other. I'm not sure this will do any good, but at least I tried. :)

Changes/additions to the following demos:

-- The wallpaper demo has been change to a GUI application. It allows you to change your desktop wallpaper to one of the JPG pictures in your wallpaper directory.

-- The screen capture demo has been changed to show you how to take a screen shot, paste the image to the clipboard and then open Paint to view the image. With a little work, you could build an image capture server around the same concept (i.e. register your own format and then create a server that sits and looks for clipboard entries with that format).

I'm experiencing a problem running scripts using Auto3Lib. I'm wondering if the library has been tested against the latest Beta release v3.2.3.12 which was released yesterday.

I'm using the latest version of Auto3Lib downloaded today and installed it to the beta directory of the AutoIt install.

I'm running Windows 2003 Server.

If there is a problem with the version of Autoit does anyone know where a previous version resides so I can use that?

Thank you!

I get the following error:

_Time_SetLocalTime(_tagGetPtr($tNewTime))

_Time_SetLocalTime(^ERROR

Error: Unknown function name

Included below is the code that was posted in this thread

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...;hl=system+date

#include <A3LTime.au3>

$tCurTime = _Time_GetLocalTime()

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("Current Time: " & _Time_SystemTimeToTimeStr($tCurTime))

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("@Hour ......: " & @HOUR)

$tNewTime = _Time_EncodeSystemTime(@MON, @MDAY, @YEAR, @HOUR + 1, @MIN, @SEC)

$tNewTime = _Time_GetLocalTime()

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("New Time ...: " & _Time_SystemTimeToTimeStr($tNewTime))

_Time_SetLocalTime(_tagGetPtr($tCurTime))

Edited by luxor

I'm experiencing a problem running scripts using Auto3Lib. I'm wondering if the library has been tested against the latest Beta release v3.2.3.12 which was released yesterday.

I'm using the latest version of Auto3Lib downloaded today and installed it to the beta directory of the AutoIt install.

I'm running Windows 2003 Server.

If there is a problem with the version of Autoit does anyone know where a previous version resides so I can use that?

Thank you!

I get the following error:

_Time_SetLocalTime(^ERROR

Error: Unknown function name

Included below is the code that was posted in this thread

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...;hl=system+date

#include <A3LTime.au3>

$tCurTime = _Time_GetLocalTime()

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("Current Time: " & _Time_SystemTimeToTimeStr($tCurTime))

$tNewTime = _Time_EncodeSystemTime(@MON, @MDAY, @YEAR, @HOUR + 1, @MIN, @SEC)

$tNewTime = _Time_GetLocalTime()

_Lib_ConsoleWrite("New Time ...: " & _Time_SystemTimeToTimeStr($tNewTime))

_Time_SetLocalTime(_tagGetPtr($tCurTime))

You are not using the latest release of AutoIt. I stopped using the _tagxxx functions many versions ago. Uninstall whatever version you currently have and then make sure you have no A3L*.au3 files lurking anywhere before installing the current version.

Perhaps the download link is giving me the wrong version?

I deinstalled autoit... and Auto3Lib...

Downloaded Autoit from the following(AutoIt 3 and Beta):

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.php

Auto3Lib: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...amp;showfile=47

Version 3.1.0.0 on the Version Tab

When I try Check for Updates it shows I have the most recent versions:

Production version 3.2.2.0 and Beta version 3.2.3.12

I run that sample again and get the same error.

I found another way for me to change the system date so its no longer critical though I would like to be able to use your library.

Regards

Edited by luxor

After deinstall also delete whole Autoit directory with old files.

Then instal new versions Autoit and Auto3Lib as PaulIA said.

I actually did delete the directory before reinstalling (and ensured there was no C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 directory). Forgot to mention that. I also searched the registry and deleted a couple remaining references to autoit.

Edited by luxor

I actually did delete the directory before reinstalling (and ensured there was no C:\Program Files\AutoIt3 directory). Forgot to mention that. I also searched the registry and deleted a couple remaining references to autoit.

There is nothing wrong with the download link. Trust me on this one. You've either got old files on your machine somewhere or you're using an old version of Auto3Lib. :)

alright, i got the lib to work fine :)

What I am wonder about though, is the color.

it seems that the color is all off, is this normal?

Also, if I want to write a screenshot app with performance in mind, what language would you recommend ?