Batch process AUTOIT

Mr_Phil

Thanks to some help on this forum I've managed to get my AUTOIT script running.

The story so far-

The script will happily:

1) accept two arguments; a URL and a filename

2) open Firefox showing the URL

3) save as a PDf via Adobe professional / distiller using the second parameter as a fileneame

4) shut down firefox.

This all works super happily when I run it manually. However, when I try to run it from a SQL SERVER stored procedure it simply hangs.

If I log onto the server where it is running, I can see an AUTOIT processes churning away. If I kill the process, then the stored procedure completes.

Is it possible to run AUTOIT scripts offline, and in particular the kind of thing I'm trying to do?

If not, any alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Phil.

Edited by Mr_Phil

Thanks to some help on this forum I've managed to get my AUTOIT script running.

The story so far-

The script will happily:

1) accept two arguments; a URL and a filename

2) open Firefox showing the URL

3) save as a PDf via Adobe professional / distiller using the second parameter as a fileneame

4) shut down firefox.

This all works super happily when I run it manually. However, when I try to run it from a SQL SERVER stored procedure it simply hangs.

If I log onto the server where it is running, I can see an AUTOIT processes churning away. If I kill the process, then the stored procedure completes.

Is it possible to run AUTOIT scripts offline, and in particular the kind of thing I'm trying to do?

If not, any alternatives?

Thanks in advance

Phil.

Does your program calling the AutoIt script have administrator rights, or the proper permissions to save files?

Lofting the cyberwinds on teknoleather wings, I am...The Blue Drache

Does your program calling the AutoIt script have administrator rights, or the proper permissions to save files?

I think so.

The calling program is SQL server, so it has local admin rights.

I have set the permissions on Firefox and Adobe Professional to 'everybody execute'.

The target folder is 'everybody write'.

Also, I know that using 'everybody' is kinda dangerous, but I want to get it working first, then tighten up on the security.

Is what I'm attempting possible, at least in theory?

Phil.

Update:

the AUTOIT process is being run under the Administrator account, so it shouldn't have any problems with permissions.

I've just noticed that the firefox step is being performed. I have a 'floating' firefox process in addition to the AUTOIT one.

I'm wondering if AUTOIT is unable to detect the firefox window becoming active when I'm not actually logged it.

Can anybody shed any light on this issue at all?

Thanks

Phil.