Console I/O

basher

Just a little ditty I whipped up, nothing fancy, just a few lines of C code in a DLL.. It allows you to perform console I/O, which AutoIt doesn't do on its own.

Console I/O

There is an example au3 in the archive that shows how to use it. Its really too simple and doesn't need much explanation, but if any issues arise please do let me know.

Just a little ditty I whipped up, nothing fancy, just a few lines of C code in a DLL.. It allows you to perform console I/O, which AutoIt doesn't do on its own.

Console I/O

There is an example au3 in the archive that shows how to use it. Its really too simple and doesn't need much explanation, but if any issues arise please do let me know.

Obviously you did not search these forums before making a statement like that. As you will see from the following post, there is console functionality that is accessable from autoit that does not need an external dll.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...st&p=120555

One thing that is not specifically mentioned in that post is that one can use ConsoleWrite after AllocConsole has ben called to write to the console window.

Who else would I be?

Obviously you did not search these forums before making a statement like that. As you will see from the following post, there is console functionality that is accessable from autoit that does not need an external dll.

One thing that is not specifically mentioned in that post is that one can use ConsoleWrite after AllocConsole has ben called to write to the console window.

Different courses for different horses. I don't see anywhere it says that I am not allowed to make contributions to the cause. Even if they duplicate some functionality available elsewhere.

Thanks for the pointer to the other thread, it is appreciated.

Obviously you didn't read the IO in/out - having looked long and hard for that particular function I'm happy to see someone took the time to create it. I'm not so happy someone took the time to be rude without reading... I guess you're an expert.

Obviously you didn't read the IO in/out - having looked long and hard for that particular function I'm happy to see someone took the time to create it. I'm not so happy someone took the time to be rude without reading... I guess you're an expert.

ConsoleWrite("data")

ConsoleRead([ count[, peek = false]])

What am I supposed to have missed?
Who else would I be?