PixelSearch

Can someone tell me how to search for pixels that can be in different locations per client machine. Are there global coordinates that I can use that will scan the entire screen for the existence the desire pixel. I want to then wrap an if then statement around the existence or non-existence of the pixels.

Can someone tell me how to search for pixels that can be in different locations per client machine.  Are there global coordinates that I can use that will scan the entire screen for the existence the desire pixel.  I want to then wrap an if then statement around the existence or non-existence of the pixels.

yes, look at the macro section of *gasp* the helpfile. all kinds of predefined stuff there.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)

Sorry...jeez. I need more examples from the helpfile so that I can connect the dots more clearly. Some examples are clear cut and some are not. The macro section doesn't do a good job of giving examples.

I can also be influenced to recheck the helpfile without sarcasm. C'mon, did I really bother that much. Were you treated that way when you were a newbie....probably so. I guess when I gain good experience at autoit and also get cocky, I'll do the same as you to another.

I can write if statements and accomplish this task on my own, so I never should have bothered you in the first place. I was just really asking, in a poorly communicated message, if there were global coordinates that would work on any machine in case my pixels move to locations not previously defined. I will indeed try and figure out how to use the macros and the PixelSearch command to accomplish my task.

Thanks

yeah, I was a bit rough around the edges there, but the @macros are a big part of the helpfile, which yeah, I did print and read, and yeah, I do think it's a good idea to do so... the sarcasm was meant to be more along the lines of gentle kidding. don't let your feelings get hurt.

as to how I was treated... some "hey, just look at the helpfile" and some "here's how you do it" and that's about how I act... poor grammer or post structure isn't a sin, but it does tend to lead towards the first reaction over the later.

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!" -Dante (Hicks)