Chnage my Documents path

Fabiam

Fabian,

Do you mean change to the path, or change it from the script?

If you mean change to the path, then something similar to below should be ample (of course, check for a return code to make sure that it was successful):

FileChangeDir (@MyDocumentsDir)

If you want to actually change the path, find where it is stored (I believe it is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders) and then have a look into the RegRead and RegWrite functions.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

Fabian,

If you want to actually change the path, find where it is stored (I believe it is in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders) and then have a look into the RegRead and RegWrite functions.

Kind Regards,

-Chris

this way must be reboot or relogon,

have anthor way?

Edited by Limpo

• 4 months later...

kind of a bump really; got the same problem;

on logon i'm mapping a drive n:\ and then want to map that to My Documents instead of C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents.

Just changing the reg key doesn't take effect until re-logon; is there a way to do this without having to logoff and back on?

kind of a bump really; got the same problem;

on logon i'm mapping a drive n:\ and then want to map that to My Documents instead of C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents.

Just changing the reg key doesn't take effect until re-logon; is there a way to do this without having to logoff and back on?

Do you have Active Directory? Then you could use a GPO to redirect the local My Documents folder to a mapped network drive. It works well for me.

You don`t have to reboot nor re-logon

Just "extract" from

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders]

and

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders]

Theese 4 keys and their values (like: "C:\\My documents")

"Personal"= ?

"My Pictures"= ?

"My Music"= ?

"My Video"= ?

to a reg file (back up),

change theese 8 paths and the "My documents dir" appears there.

I only don´t know why sometimes you have to wait "some time" till you can

see this dir in the other location when you clic the "My documents shortcut" (unlike

the standard way: Properties .....)

x The values in the registry change in a second.

good day