Glitches here and there

Hi,

I just downloaded all of the AutoIT Software and during a few experiments ran into a few annoying little bugs.

For Starters, I have noticed that sometimes when the script ends and I exit all programs and try to run the script a second time, some of the processes within the script do not execute.

I have to manually stop the script and start it again for it to work properly.

I wonder if there is some sort of program running in the system that needs to be exited manually to run the same script 2 times in a row?

Any fixes for this would be greatly appreciated.

• Developers

Hi,

I just downloaded all of the AutoIT Software and during a few experiments ran into a few annoying little bugs.

For Starters, I have noticed that sometimes when the script ends and I exit all programs and try to run the script a second time, some of the processes within the script do not execute.

I have to manually stop the script and start it again for it to work properly.

I wonder if there is some sort of program running in the system that needs to be exited manually to run the same script 2 times in a row?

Any fixes for this would be greatly appreciated.

Sure we will get right on it ... :whistle:

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

And this was made for everybody...

How To Answer Questions in a Helpful Way

Be gentle. Problem-related stress can make people seem rude or stupid even when they're not.

Reply to a first offender off-line. There is no need of public humiliation for someone who may have made an honest mistake. A real newbie may not know how to search archives or where the FAQ is stored or posted.

If you don't know for sure, say so! A wrong but authoritative-sounding answer is worse than none at all. Don't point anyone down a wrong path simply because it's fun to sound like an expert. Be humble and honest; set a good example for both the querent and your peers.

If you can't help, don't hinder. Don't make jokes about procedures that could trash the user's setup the poor sap might interpret these as instructions.

Ask probing questions to elicit more details. If you're good at this, the querent will learn something and so might you. Try to turn the bad question into a good one; remember we were all newbies once.

While just muttering RTFM is sometimes justified when replying to someone who is just a lazy slob, a pointer to documentation (even if it's just a suggestion to google for a key phrase) is better.

If you're going to answer the question at all, give good value. Don't suggest kludgy workarounds when somebody is using the wrong tool or approach. Suggest good tools. Reframe the question.

Help your community learn from the question. When you field a good question, ask yourself How would the relevant documentation or FAQ have to change so that nobody has to answer this again? Then send a patch to the document maintainer.

(From same link, further down the page)
Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

Thank You PaulIA,

I just want to use this program to automatically run and update AVGFree, AVGAS, Windows Defender, Spybot S&D, and Ad-Aware all the way through with no pauses. I'm not trying to be a hastle and I really am just looking for advice. I have succeeded in getting the program to do what i wanted it to do but am still running into the problem i described earlier.

I should have rephrased my statement where I asked for a fix to the problem I am having.

I really meant to convey that I obviously dont know where to find the answer and need pointed in the right direction.

I'm not asking for scripting slaves, or cheats for games, or for you to do any work whatsoever for me, I can handle that just fine on my own.

I am asking however, that if you wish to help then help, if you don't then just don't.

You have never been required to answer a post that you dont want to answer and replying to a post you dont want to really reply to is a waste of time.

I think if you'll help us by posting the code that you're having trouble with, we'll have no problem in helping you out. So many new comers post really vague questions without posting the code and there is simply no way to help them out. After awhile, it get's kind of annoying.

Go ahead and post the code you're having having trouble with and try to be as detailed as you can with a description of the problem you're having.

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt