Using ControlClick and Send in a SW_HIDDEN window

I am trying to make a Completely silent install of an MSI installer and have whipped up a script that works but is not silent as much as it is automated. My question is Is there any way I can use ControlClick and Send functions to a window that is/was made hidden via the WinSetState("Installing App","",@SW_HIDDEN) function?

I tried it but all it does it hides the window but does not look like it continues on with the install so I end up having to go into Task manager and start killing proccess.

Many thanks in advance,

GoogleDude

I am trying to make a Completely silent install of an MSI installer and have whipped up a script that works but is not silent as much as it is automated. My question is Is there any way I can use ControlClick and Send functions to a window that is/was made hidden via the WinSetState("Installing App","",@SW_HIDDEN) function?

I tried it but all it does it hides the window but does not look like it continues on with the install so I end up having to go into Task manager and start killing proccess.

Many thanks in advance,

GoogleDude

The /qn switch will do a silent install with a msiexec otherwise you use AutoIt to automate it. Send will not work with a hidden window so you would need to try to use ControlSend. WinSetState will affect the target window but would need to be used the the next window also so you would get a flickering of windows during the install. An alternative is to WinMove the 1st window off screen and automate it there. MouseClick will not be available if you automate off screen.

I would use the msiexec switches if appropiate for the install, else would suggest WinMove for automation if silent operation is required.

:whistle: