v3.1.1.0, Shutdown and Windows XP Screen...

I have noticed that, using v3.1.1.0, that using Shutdown (6) will not restart a system sitting at a Windows XP login screen. If a user is logged in, it works fantastic! I use AutoIT for software automation tasks of many types. I have also tried Shutdown (7), with the same result. Is it possible that v3.2.0.1 (the latest Production release) negates this issue? Please let me know at your convenience...

How do you 'conveniently' run the script without logging in? :whistle:

I use remote deployment automation methods to stage and execute application installations. Other tools I can use will allow me to restart the system at a Windows Login screen I desire to utilize AutoIT's built in Shutdown command, but it will not restart a system at the Windows Login screen. Any suggestions are appreciated...

...Is it possible that v3.2.0.1 (the latest Production release) negates this issue?...

I see the same thing using v3.2.0.1.

In my test case, PSEXEC reports success, but the system does not reboot... but that could be due to my lack of knowledge in the area of executing things via PSEXEC. I did use an admin account and I did not use the -i option. I was able to restart via a single line script [shutdown (6)] if the system was logged on - but not if it was logged off... like you mentioned.

It might help if you stated the tool used to perform the remote execution and gave the command line passed to it. Then perhaps others can suggest a setting/code/work around that may work for you.

Depending on the OS of the remote systems, you might attempt to use shutdown.exe as mentioned in this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry242424

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

I see the same thing using v3.2.0.1.

In my test case, PSEXEC reports success, but the system does not reboot... but that could be due to my lack of knowledge in the area of executing things via PSEXEC. I did use an admin account and I did not use the -i option. I was able to restart via a single line script [shutdown (6)] if the system was logged on - but not if it was logged off... like you mentioned.

It might help if you stated the tool used to perform the remote execution and gave the command line passed to it. Then perhaps others can suggest a setting/code/work around that may work for you.

Depending on the OS of the remote systems, you might attempt to use shutdown.exe as mentioned in this thread: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...mp;#entry242424

I also have used PSExec with the exact same results. The remote toolset I am using doesn't matter as it's not a question of what's being called. If I utilize an application called shutdown.exe, that functions quite nicely at a Windows Login. I was just trying to avoid encapsulating it in my app with FileInstall. I may do that and drop it off when I execute. This way, I ensure I do reboot...