help with .ini file

botanic

I am trying to make it so that according to the ini file certan actions will happen

I have this in the ini the left number increses by 1 everytime

2040 A 0.21 0 20 10

2041 B 0.25 1 20 10

2042 C 0.14 0 10 10

2043 D 0.62 0 30 10

... for 3000 more times...

how could I make it click based on the 4th colum then search for the second colum then paste something into the third colum?

(all the spaces are "tab's")

CODE
If something then $1 if something else then $2

PixelGetColor(500, 500) <> 0 ; wait for page to load

sleep(500)

send("^f{enter})

sleep(300)

send("...I dont know for this part...

MouseClick( "left", 142, 101, 2)

sleep(300)

send("^c")

clipget() = and then i dont know again...

i was told stringsplit but how can i get that to work or do i need to input each number individualy for the first collum?

Quit double posting http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...c=37799&hl=.

If no one is responding to your question, it is probably because they cannot understand what you are asking. Try re-phrasing to make the question clearer. I for one cannot understand what you want to do.

By the way, is this the script you are so scared about being stolen???

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.

Your post does not make sense.

Is the file going to be generated by you, or some other program?

The format is not that of an ini file. In files have [sections] and keys (x=...). The format of you file should be '2040=A 0.21 0 20 10'.

Any ini file with 3000-5000 entries will probably be very slow to modify. You may want to read the file into an array, parse it, then write it out again.

You can use stringsplit to extract each part of a particular line. 'iniread' and 'iniwrite' are functions you should also look at.

Did you try the example for stringsplit? If you cannot understand the example for that function (example 1 is 1 line long, example 2 is 2 lines long), you might as well give up coding in AutoIt now, or Google for 'programming basics'.

Please use real English as well, are 'ont', 'tho' and 'todo' real words? If you cannot use complete words or review your own post before you submit it, what message does it send out to people that are try to help you?

Edited by Stumpii

“Give a man a script; you have helped him for today. Teach a man to script; and you will not have to hear him whine for help.”AutoIt4UE - Custom AutoIt toolbar and wordfile for UltraEdit/UEStudio users.AutoIt Graphical Debugger - A graphical debugger for AutoIt.SimMetrics COM Wrapper - Calculate string similarity.