Updated Scite4AutoIt3 Installset

Jos

OK, this is the first time I've used a directive. Do I have to set them all then? All I wanted was to set a default icon, everything else to be as though I right clicked and did 'Compile Script' although I may want to add others.

When I do a compile, progress bar displays, but it's almost like Aut2Exe is getting passed incorrect switches, because Aut2Exe opens and displays it's GUI (I assume CompileAu3 should just pass parameters to Aut2Exe to do it's thing?)

CompileAu3 version is 0.21

Edited by Chris_1013

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Developers

OK, this is the first time I've used a directive. Do I have to set them all then? All I wanted was to set a default icon, everything else to be as though I right clicked and did 'Compile Script' although I may want to add others.

When I do a compile, progress bar displays, but it's almost like Aut2Exe is getting passed incorrect switches, because Aut2Exe opens and displays it's GUI (I assume CompileAu3 should just pass parameters to Aut2Exe to do it's thing?)

CompileAu3 version is 0.21

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you doing Right mouse click "Compile Script" or "Compile script with options" ?

The first one is starting aut2exe directly.... the second will start compileau3.exe.

You can only specify 1 directive if you want. if you don't put in the "#Compiler_Prompt = y" it will run the compile with the info you have specified and use defaukts for the rest, like running aut2exe .

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

I have noticed that same error myself. It is related to an incorrect registry value for HKCR\AutoIt3Script\shell\Compile\command, I believe. Since I thought I had done something wrong on my own computer, I automatically changed it here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not using the " AutoIt3Script\shell\Compile\command" regkey in compileau3, so don't understand what you are seeing.

The only issue i found is that when a ICO is specified via a directive that doesn't exists, it will give a aut2exe error stating this. This will be fixed in the next version.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3upd.exe which contains the below listed updates.

It should solve all reported Compileau3 issues with win9x and icon location.

When typing your compiler directives in Scite, autocomplete will not be active anymore and it will now look as follows:

http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/lexerupd.png

Let me know when you encounter problems with it..

Enjoy,

10/11/2004
*** Added SciTeConfig.exe to be able to change the Font/Color setting used by SciTe. (Ctrl+1)
*** CompileAU3.EXE  ver 0.22.5:
    - BEFORE and AFTER programs will be run as: RunWait(@comspec & " /c " ....... ,'',@SW_Hide)
    - Double quotes are removed whe nused around filesnames in compiler directives.
    - Several issue in Win9x.
    - SciteUser.properties is now searched in the following order:
        1. @UserProfileDir   
        2. EnvGet("userprofile")
        3. @HomeDrive & @HomePath
        4. for Win9x it uses the SciteProgramDirectory.
    - Msgbox containing au3check errors is now also displayed for Win9x.
*** Updated au3check,au3.api and au3.properties and added au3.keywords.properties.
    The generation of these files is now done with a script written by Valik.
*** Moved the #Compiler directives from the Preprocessor to the Special keywords for proper 
    syntax highlighting.
*** Changed AutoIt3.Lua script to avoid AutoComplete in Special keywords to avoid autocomplete
    popups when typing Compiler directives. 
*** Updated the SciTeLexer to show Comments in the #Special regions. 
    This makes the #Compiler directives more readable.
*** Updated UpdateDefs.exe which will now properly update the autoit3 location in the au3.properties file.
    This program is located in the Scitedir\defs and makes it possible to change the definition files
    used by Scite/au3check/funcpop/Tidy between the production and unstable version. 
    Its also run at the end of the SciTe installers.
*** Include Tylo's updated AU3CHECK ver 1.12.
*** Updated Tidy script ver 1.0.23 with the new GUI commands.
*** Updated the Scite4AutoIt3.chm helpfile.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have noticed a problem that existed since the beginning, but I haven't reported it since I assumed it was a problem with scite and not the configuration of it.

When I press the minus (-) key on the right side of the keyboard next to the numbers, it comments the current line. I would like it to simply type a minus sign. Is this possible?

Who else would I be?

• Developers

I have noticed a problem that existed since the beginning, but I haven't reported it since I assumed it was a problem with scite and not the configuration of it.

When I press the minus (-) key on the right side of the keyboard next to the numbers, it comments the current line. I would like it to simply type a minus sign. Is this possible?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

These lines are in the standard SciteGlobal.properties at 443:

KeypadPlus|IDM_EXPAND|\

KeypadMinus|IDM_BLOCK_COMMENT|\

Just remove them to solve this issue.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Uploaded http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3upd.exe which contains the below listed updates.

It should solve all reported Compileau3 issues with win9x and icon location.

When typing your compiler directives in Scite, autocomplete will not be active anymore and it will now look as follows:

:) Found an issue in the UpdateDefs.exe script which is run when the installer is finished. It sometimes doesn't copy the au3.keywords.properties and other definition files correctly. You will notice that you have this issue when Scite doesn't use the proper color for syntax highlighting after running the above installer.

When you have this issue, download the updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/test/updatedefs.exe, save it into Autoit3\Scite\Defs subdirectory and run it to properly copy the files.

The installers are updated with this fix as well....

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I need a new option to have tidy to create a backup folder in the script directory and put all _oldx files in that dir. I keep backups from a long time ago, and having all backups in the same folder gets quite confusing when you have 35 backups :)

I also have a small problem with tidy in the compiler directives: If I have the following:

ftp -s:%scriptdir%\ftp.txt

then after tidying, it becomes

ftp - s:%scriptdir%\ftp.txt

It is just a small problem, but it becomes big when the program I am trying to run does not accept a command line switch with a space in it.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

What's supposed to happen with the tooltip in SciTe on things like Opt(). Reason I ask is if I type Opt(, the tooltip states

Opt ( "CaretCoordMode", param ) Set the way...

with a little triangle at the beginning. Is there a way it can show the other options? Is this what the triangle means? And also, I don't know if SciTe supports this, but is there any way the combo box that comes up could show these options after Opt( has been typed?

Ahhh, I was clicking on the triangle, but I suppose clicking on the words makes sense. Is there a keyboard key for doing this too, so I don't have to move across to the mouse?

If SciTe can do it, it'd be cool to be able to type Opt(, then a key to cycle through the options and enter the right one. Or just as a pop up combo.

JdeB... there could be a bug in your au3.properties. It sounds to me like it's not showing both the up/down arrows on tooltips. I had this problem for a long time. Then I found the answer:

calltip.au3.end.definition=)

If that line isn't in the properties file, it needs to be so that both the up and down arrows are displayed on the tooltips. Otherwise, its necessary to click the word to cycle one way and clicking the arrow will cycle the opposite way.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Edited by Valik

• Developers

JdeB... there could be a bug in your au3.properties.  It sounds to me like it's not showing both the up/down arrows on tooltips.  I had this problem for a long time.  Then I found the answer:

calltip.au3.end.definition=)

If that line isn't in the properties file, it needs to be so that both the up and down arrows are displayed on the tooltips.  Otherwise, its necessary to click the word to cycle one way and clicking the arrow will cycle the opposite way.

Edit: Fixed typo.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't have that line in the au3.properties and will add it for the next upload.

thanks

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I also have a small problem with tidy in the compiler directives: If I have the following:

ftp -s:%scriptdir%\ftp.txt

then after tidying, it becomes

ftp - s:%scriptdir%\ftp.txt

It is just a small problem, but it becomes big when the program I am trying to run does not accept a command line switch with a space in it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will have a look at the "-s" "- s" .. it shouldn't be doing that.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I have a small suggestion for the compiler, possible to get a focus on the compile script button? I always just want to hit "enter" when the dialoge comes up. At that point my hand isn't on the mouse due to the crtl+f7. Not a big deal but when you are testing changes to a script you always have to to that.

• Developers

I have a small suggestion for the compiler, possible to get a focus on the compile script button? I always just want to hit "enter" when the dialoge comes up. At that point my hand isn't on the mouse due to the crtl+f7. Not a big deal but when you are testing changes to a script you always have to to that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am pretty sure that the current Compileau3.exe gives the Compile button the focus. (v 0.22.7)

Which version are you running ?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I am pretty sure that the current Compileau3.exe gives the Compile button the focus. (v 0.22.7)

Which version are you running ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah actually an older version to go with my 102 install, I am converting my script and upgrading both now.

• Developers

Uploaded an updated http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/jdeb/scite4au3upd.exe that contains the following updates;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/23/2004

*** Added "calltip.au3.end.definition=)" for better scrolling within Tooltip/Intellisence popup box.

*** Tidy (v 1.0.25):

- Added the propercase for Functionnames parameters within Call() and HotKeySet().

- Added logic to skip PreProcessor lines from being changed by Tidy.

*** Fixed UpdateDefs.exe (v0.3) which sometimes didn't update the autoit3 location in au3.properties.

*** CompileAU3.exe (v 0.23) Minor Updates/Fixes:

- Legal Copyright save to INI bug solved.

- reshacker not available notice in Console changed.

*** SciteConfig (v 0.3) :

- Create SciteUser.properties when it doesn't exist.

Enjoy,

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.