ControlSend

hi Guys,

While appreciating the greatest effort and wonderful use of AutoIT usage, i have the limitation of using it as below:

I hv an application which has edit boxes where I am sending some data using AutoitX DLL from Visual Basic. Once the Customer Code Edit box is filled up, an ENTER key needs to be sent to the application window so that, the customer name gets displayed in nearby label box.

I tried ControlSend, ControlSetText, etc whereby they do not accept {ENTER} key . ie A001{ENTER} is displayed in the edit box as A001ENTER

Is there any way other than Send command which does not send text to the required window but only to active window?

Due to the inability of ControlSend to send ENTER key stroke, I am not able to use AutoIT to the maximum.

I have requested this enhancement long time back...

any chances of doing it?

Is there any way other than Send command which does not send text to the required window but only to active window?

The Send command sends text as if it was being typed from the keyboard. That is to say that wherever the carrot is, that's where text will appear. I don't understand what you mean by "required window" and "active window". A Send will always send to the active window since that is the applicatin that would get to capture the keystrokes sent.

I also find it very odd that, when using ControlSend, "{ENTER}" turns into "ENTER". That should never happen. You might get "{ENTER}" if you used flag 1 (ie: send keys raw) but you should never get text when you used "{ENTER}" in a flag 0 ControlSend.

[font="Optima"]"Standing in the rain, twisted and insane, we are holding onto nothing.Feeling every breath, holding no regrets, we're still looking out for something."[/font]Note: my projects are off-line until I can spend more time to make them compatable with syntax changes.