Au32Exe Enhancement

this-is-me

For a while, I have been a bit annoyed with the fact that you cannot set up compiler options in the actual script, so that every time the script is compiled, it gets the same options. Therefore, I made a "buffer" for aut2exe to allow me to add the options I wanted to the actual script instead of changing the options at compile time. You can get it http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/public/this-is-me/Au32Exe%20Enhancement/setup.exe.

Features:

Set individual options for output file, icon and password in the script itself

Run any au3 scripting needed before compiling

Run any au3 scripting needed after compiling

An example of this is:

run au3check and tidy before compiling

compile

autoupload to an ftp site when done compiling

The script parameters are easily understood from the included example script, which happens to be the setup script, which happens to be compiled with Au32Exe Enhancement :ph34r:

Who else would I be?

Thanks. At least I know it works so far... I am working on some small bugs I see, so don't try to compile two scripts at the same time if the scripts have beforecompile and/or aftercompile statements until after the next update.

@Jon, Valik, anyone who can, if you read this thread, I would like to see this functionality integrated into Autoit. It shouldn't be hard to add a couple of lines to aut2exe to allow the compiler to recognise the new lines.

Who else would I be?

What exactly does it do? I can't install it, you've apparently hard-coded a path in which is not the same on my system.

From your description, I gather that it wraps Aut2Exe and scans the file for a few certain keywords in order to specify the icon and such in the file? If that's the case, I've had a script that does that for months, and it's completely transparent to me that it's used...

Is it giving any errors? What happens when you try to install it? Does it ask you if what is the last thing it does?

Yes, it is a wrapper for aut2exe that scans for a few keywords and compiles the script with the right parameters. It works through the right-click on the file. It replaces the normal compile menuitem. When you compile the file with rightclick, it changes the output stuff accordingly. If you just try to run the Au32Exe, it exits without message in the original version. You need to compile with right click or drag the script to the exe.

The latest setup includes a messagebox explaining the above if the user simply double-clicks the exe. Also, if you try to use the compile shortcut in the startmenu, it will go directly to the regular aut2exe, instead of au32exe.

I was requesting that this functionality be included in autoit, instead of creating specialized scripts like mine to work around it.

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?

It looked like you embedded the path to the compiler. I'm assuming you export the actual script you wrote and have it compiled on the user's machine? The error I got was from Run not being able run the compiler.

Edit: Fixed typo.

Edited by Valik

The path to the compiler is read from

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AutoIt3Script\Shell\Compile\Command

by the setup program. Au32Exe looks to find the compiler in the same directory it is placed in. You can decompile setup.exe with password "whatever" to see what is done there, and Au32Exe once installed is in source form and compiled. If you have a better way to find the path of the compiler, I am all ears...

Edited by this-is-me
Who else would I be?