Identify the function your working in

Uten

I'm working on an article about unit testing and how to do it in AutoIt. Identifying the function your working on can ease the development test cycle.So I need a way of identifying the function being worked on.

Something similar to the information you find at the bottom left of SciTE4AutoIt3 when the caret is inside a function.

But I "need" a more generic solution. Say, how do I figure it out while in Notepad? (Notepad++, Crimsone, SciTE light, or any other scripters editor)

Have you made something for your favorite editor, or could provide information on how to get the information from the editor?

Best Regards

Uten

• 4 months later...

Uten,

Hello! I was interested if you've made any progress with your article and/or received any solutions to your quandry. I ran into the same issue when I was attempting my implementation. I'd be interested in any feedback/advice you might have regarding my attempt:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=46909

I'm sad to see that no one responded to your inquiries regarding Unit Testing. Perhaps they already "get it".

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @zfisherdrums,

Just noticed you post. Cool to see that someone else is "into" Unit Testing to. Especially important in production code in my mind. Looking at the quality of the AutoIt releases I would supriced if the dev team don't use some of the same techniques. Maybe under another name (or religion if you like..:rolleyes:)

I have not finished the article, lack of time and maybe responce? You find whats done in the wiki.

Best rgeards

Uten