Generate File Name

Brent

What I'm wanting to do is each month save some log files with a set name and the month and year appeneded to the file name. eg log january 2007, log february, 2007 etc. (log 01/07 or similar would be fine)

I have my script working to the point where it runs the program, navigates to the second last set of data, exports it and brings up a save dialog box (standard windows save dialog), and about this point I'm stuck. I can manually send it some text, and hit the save button, that's not a problem. What I need is a way for it to automatically pick up the current month, or preferable the previous month, and the year, and add this to the text I manually send.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

I have actually coded something almost exactly like that... i'll post my code here...

#include <Date.au3>
Func writetofile()
    $sJulDate = _DateToDayValue (@YEAR, @MON, @MDAY)
    Dim $Y, $M, $D
    $sJulDate = _DayValueToDate ($sJulDate, $Y, $M, $D)
    $filename = "P:\"
    $filename = $filename &  $Y & "" & $M & "" & $D & "log.txt";this will make a txt file with todays date as the name, ie "20070116log.txt"
    $file = FileOpen($filename, 1) 

If $file = -1 Then
        if ($debug) then      MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open log file: " & $filename)
        Exit
    EndIf
    FileWrite($file, "this is stuff written inside the file")
    FileClose($file)
EndFunc

This will actually create the file automatically, it wont bring up a save box or anything... if you want to just send the date to the savebox field, then just do something like

send($y) or whatever date you want to send. My code is not perfect, but it works. hopefully that gives you some ideas.